Saltwater mixing station design thoughts

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good....I really need to set something like this up with my system! I've just been doing everything manually!

Cjud7982

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great. Almost the exact same as mine except I have another oulet permantly plumbed to my sump area for directly draining (bypasses both barrells to go to a drain in my basement, and for filling it back up by adjusting the valves. I used the plastic food grade 55 gallon barrels. I couldn't live without it, you'll love it!!

Here's mine, only thing I would change is the cheap vavles. The handles pop off and I have to use pliers to adjust them which is a royal pain. I'm glad you opted for good ones!!

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Smcevoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great. Almost the exact same as mine except I have another oulet permantly plumbed to my sump area for directly draining (bypasses both barrells to go to a drain in my basement, and for filling it back up by adjusting the valves. I used the plastic food grade 55 gallon barrels. I couldn't live without it, you'll love it!!

Here's mine, only thing I would change is the cheap vavles. The handles pop off and I have to use pliers to adjust them which is a royal pain. I'm glad you opted for good ones!!

image.jpeg How did you get the bulkheads in with sealed tops? I’m looking at a couple of these barrels

Cjud7982

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are sealed with uniseals, and they install from the outside. I did eventually cut the tops a bit to make it easier to clean and do maintanance.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. Almost the exact same set up as mine.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back