Saltwater Newb from OKC

Pankney72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice man. I'm a smidge surprised I don't know about Heartland. I like the rustic stand. Soon enough you'll be complaining about scraping all the coraline algae that develops from a single spore on the shell of a stray snail haha.

Shoot me a message if you have any questions I can help with (full disclosure: I'm more a biologist/chemist than a plumber/electrician)

OP
OP
Adam Houston

Adam Houston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice man. I'm a smidge surprised I don't know about Heartland. I like the rustic stand. Soon enough you'll be complaining about scraping all the coraline algae that develops from a single spore on the shell of a stray snail haha.

Shoot me a message if you have any questions I can help with (full disclosure: I'm more a biologist/chemist than a plumber/electrician)
Haha!! That will be a future complaint I’m sure lol And thanks bro! I like the rustic finish as well but I might end up going with a charcoal grey chalk paint, not quite sure yet. He has an LLC out in Mustang that I just found out about a month ago. Some awesome sps and torches, I will be impatiently waiting to get some

OP
OP
Adam Houston

Adam Houston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, fellow newbie here too!
Thanks man! Just saw you’re post, sounds like we have both been out of the fish keeping hobby for a minute Lol I was a African cichlid breeder so long ago (10 + yrs) during my college days but this whole saltwater thing seems mind boggling complex lol Can’t wait to see your setup!

Adolfo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome r2r.jpg

cattlegirl7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If you are in the OKC area come check out what we have. We have over 4 tanks going right now.

cattlegirl7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha!! That will be a future complaint I’m sure lol And thanks bro! I like the rustic finish as well but I might end up going with a charcoal grey chalk paint, not quite sure yet. He has an LLC out in Mustang that I just found out about a month ago. Some awesome sps and torches, I will be impatiently waiting to get some
Adam thank you for the shout out. We love it ❤️

RandyL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even though I'm pretty new to the forum, I've been keeping saltwater tanks since the late '70's. Obviously, the hobby has changed a ton over the years (remember under gravel filters?), so reading and learning is a life-long endeavor. Others have posted some great advice (begin with the fish you want to keep, select the fish on what you have and are willing to invest). I recently replaced some of my lights, having started with metal halide, fluorescents and now on my second set of LEDs. I like the Fluval set that I bought for my 90 gallon. On the positive side, the spectrum and timing is highly adjustable. On the down side, if the power ever goes out, I have to reconnect with my phone app before they will re-engaged the programmed behavior.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back