Saltwater Plants and Macroalgae in your display

aws2266

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at the Plants/Macroalgae section on reefcleaners and thinking it might be cool to put a plant in my aquarium. Does anyone have photos of their aquarium with any plants or macroalgae in the display?

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Before my lobster tank crashed!
IMG_9986.jpeg

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

PensacolaReefKeeper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Macroalgae can certainly look great, but it can also be limiting of what sorts of herbivores you can add to keep pest algae in check.
Hey Randy, what herbivores would you recommend for someone with a 40 gal breeder that thinks lawnmower blennies are ugly and would prefer not to have an urchin which eats all the coralline algae? I currently only have a urchin (outside of the basic snails/hermits). I can't get many of the herbivorous fish because my tank is too small.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Randy, what herbivores would you recommend for someone with a 40 gal breeder that thinks lawnmower blennies are ugly and would prefer not to have an urchin which eats all the coralline algae? I currently only have a urchin (outside of the basic snails/hermits). I can't get many of the herbivorous fish because my tank is too small.

It's tough in smaller tanks. The grand prize winners are fish, such as a foxface (one spot foxface did a fab job in my 120 tank), but a 40 is likely too small.

I'd have to leave specific suggestions to others as I've not looked into smaller tank herbivores.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back