Saltwater questions

saturn13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey everyone,

Some general questions:
1. Brute trash cans - are the good for storing RODI? I have a 14 gallon food bucket currently for my rodi in which my ato sits. I normally get 10 days on it. But I'm thinking of setting up another system next to the current and need to run two ato's.
2. Water changes, anyone pour their old water into a drainage system on a septic tank? any issues from this?
3. Anyone think we may be affecting the enviroment in a negative way from getting rid of saltwater down drains, and for that matter all the salt that is extracted from certain areas to provide us tank salt?

Thanks

NCK

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1.) Yes, works great - I also use a Brute for saltwater mixing/storage

2.) I’ve been dumping waste tank water down my septic for years - no ill effects

3.) In my opinion, no.

Cheers!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
hey everyone,

Some general questions:
1. Brute trash cans - are the good for storing RODI? I have a 14 gallon food bucket currently for my rodi in which my ato sits. I normally get 10 days on it. But I'm thinking of setting up another system next to the current and need to run two ato's.
2. Water changes, anyone pour their old water into a drainage system on a septic tank? any issues from this?
3. Anyone think we may be affecting the enviroment in a negative way from getting rid of saltwater down drains, and for that matter all the salt that is extracted from certain areas to provide us tank salt?

Thanks
Brutes are the best and old water may actually nuetralize some bacteria in a septic system and I dont see any harm with drains

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 71 78.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 8.9%
  • Other

Votes: 7 7.8%
Back