Saltwater Tanks: What do you hate?

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*moves mag float*

This. I cannot begin to tell you how nervous I get when friends and family come over and start whipping the mag float back and forth like they're trying to scrub a hole in the glass. Lol

That and there have been too many instances where someone has asked if they can poke, squeeze, or hold one of the animals... corals included.

They're underwater and behind a glass panel for a reason. Observation only. Haha

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This. I cannot begin to tell you how nervous I get when friends and family come over and start whipping the mag float back and forth like they're trying to scrub a hole in the glass. Lol

That and there have been too many instances where someone has asked if they can poke, squeeze, or hold one of the animals... corals included.

They're underwater and behind a glass panel for a reason. Observation only. Haha

Hahaha tell them they can pet "nemo" if they lick her carpet nem first.
They'll either be quiet very quickly, or their tongue will be too swollen to even want to cuddle the fish.
If they want affection from the fish, they have to give affection to the nems first :)

RussiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And THATS why I'm terrified of owning an anemone in a smaller tank.

Speaking of anemone, I have trouble to relocate my 12 inches red carpet. It anchored his foot under the lower rock in my tank.

Warderkous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Knowing that any time I make any purchase having to do with my tank it will be hundreds of dollars...

Guess that comes with a big tank....
Even knowing that this 300 gallon total system cost me an arm and both legs to keep happy and thriving, I am now commissioning a 400 gallon DT with a 200 gallon dump and a 180 gallon refugium

Reeferguy365

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having to wait to move stuff out of my 29 gallon BioCube to my 180 gallon display tank because it hasn't cycled yet

Reeferguy365

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rainbow bubble tip anemone splitting into four and all for moving around tank getting really close to really expensive corals not being able to move other corals cuz tank is so jam-packed

Reeferguy365

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having to be patient on things like tank cycling or corals growing.... I'm not good at the waiting game.. I put three fish in my 180 after only two days of it running two weeks later the Allen's damselfish is still alive actually hope he makes it be cool fish for a tester
DC-Allens-500x500.jpg
looks just like this one

DixieReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That you can't put quite a few fish together. Frustrating to have to keep telling your wife "no you can't get that fish because we have this one already". I'm always wanting multiple tanks just to have all the fish/corals I really want. Did it once and instead of having one thriving tank, I had multiple subpar tanks.
My girlfriend is the queen of this, I come home to fedex boxes from liveaquaria.com, or wwc, and my heart drops. I now have two display tanks, and a display refuge(that functions as an oh $#!+ tank) all in the same system, just so she can see it before it gets re-homed.

Denniswbliss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's an addiction, a passion, and my every thought during my days. The thing i hate the most is not knowing chemistry enough to bend all the rules.

ThunderGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the cool stuff I see for sale that when I go looking for care information it turns out they really can't be kept in captivity for a long period of time. Or no one knows enough about them to keep them long term. Or they're extremely difficult and only a few people have managed to keep them alive.

Looking at you, nudibranchs.

Back