• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Saltwateraquarium.com got me

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

mrkjeezy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple of days ago I decided to get myself a Christmas present and order Kessil's new a306x. I found a combo that included the a360x, controller x and gooseneck off Amazon but through saltwateraquarium.com. I received it this afternoon, upon opening the box I noticed that the clear seal of the a360x was halfway peeled off, I thought nothing of it and opened the package. My excitement of receiving this new light instantly turned into lividness as I pulled out the light and realized it has been switched with the older a360w. Called numerous times to saltwateraquarium.com and no answer. Called amazon and told them what happened and was sent a return label to initiate the return. Hours later i am still ticked off with this whole situation. I just wanted my light and now i have to wait for them to get the package back so they can give me a refund.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This thread is a feedback thread between @mrkjeezy and @SaltwaterAq. In order to facilitate ease of communication (and, we hope, a resolution), the outside comments have been removed. The only comments allowed in this thread are between the buyer and seller. The only exception to this is that a third party may post a link to their own feedback thread with the same buyer or seller to share their experience.

OP
OP
mrkjeezy

mrkjeezy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Called about 6 times yesterday an hour before they closed. I’ve calmed down now though. I was just really angry that some scumbag would do this (not the company). Especially thinking someone probably would notice. Just sucks I have to wait a week to probably get a refund and then go through trying to get a new light.

SaltwaterAq

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just to update our customer base on this. We received the Old 360 back from the customer who insisted we sent him a used A360WE in a new 360X box. We promptly replaced it as we just assumed there was a mixup in shipping as is possible, but very rare as these are completely separate departments now and we have ever only had 2x 360x returns according to our records. We decided to investigate the issue further as it bothered us with this post and being a new product. Kessil tracked the serial number and it tracked back to Marine Depot. The old 360 the customer sent us was sold by Kessil to Marine Depot. This customer now has received two Brand New 360X LEDs from us for the price of one and we have one Marine Depot used 360WE. There is no way possible that we sent a customer a used 360WE sold by Kessil to Marine Depot in a new 360X box. It's just not possible. There must be a part to this story I'm missing somewhere.

OP
OP
mrkjeezy

mrkjeezy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I told you on the phone honest to god I received the old model crammed into the a360x box. I told you I have never owned a kessil in my life. I know how crazy this sounds from both stand points but it is what it is. I am not a liar or a thief. I know people are going to pick your company because you’re a big company and I’m only one person who isn’t big on this forum or doesn’t have a YouTube account or affiliated with anyone.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.3%
Back