saltwaterfish.com

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at there site. has anyone ever ordered from saltwaterfish.com and how was your experience? any problems or all good?

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at there site. has anyone ever ordered from saltwaterfish.com and how was your experience? any problems or all good?
Doing a search of this site with just "https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/saltwaterfish-com.854986/" finds LOTS of info - good and bad - likely like any LFS experience

here are random from top of results:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/saltwaterfish-com.854986/
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/saltwaterfish-com-experience.702862/

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I placed 1 order with them. I emailed them first to clarify the species (gigantea anemone) as the description said also known as haddoni. They emailed me back that the anemones were indeed gigantea and not haddonis. I ordered 2. They sent me 2 haddoni anemones. I contacted them and they did give me a full refund (they didn’t reply to my first several emails, I had to threaten to dispute the charge, and then suddenly they answered my email). They also immediately changed the description of the anemone on their site so it no longer said gigantea. It seemed like they were trying to cover their butts as they updated it within hours of my first email, yet didn’t find time to reply back to me until 4-5 days later. I didn’t request a full refund, I was expecting to discuss options available to remedy the problem, but they just issued a full refund in their first reply to me. I don’t think they would have refunded me if I didn’t have the email from them explicitly stating they were gigantea anemones.

OP
OP
sergifed91

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I placed 1 order with them. I emailed them first to clarify the species (gigantea anemone) as the description said also known as haddoni. They emailed me back that the anemones were indeed gigantea and not haddonis. I ordered 2. They sent me 2 haddoni anemones. I contacted them and they did give me a full refund (they didn’t reply to my first several emails, I had to threaten to dispute the charge, and then suddenly they answered my email). They also immediately changed the description of the anemone on their site so it no longer said gigantea. It seemed like they were trying to cover their butts as they updated it within hours of my first email, yet didn’t find time to reply back to me until 4-5 days later. I didn’t request a full refund, I was expecting to discuss options available to remedy the problem, but they just issued a full refund in their first reply to me. I don’t think they would have refunded me if I didn’t have the email from them explicitly stating they were gigantea anemones.
Ty. I have done more research on them and found a whole website full of negative complaints.

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I don't like is on the web site they show a contact address out of Florida. But the fish will ship to you out of California.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I don't like is on the web site they show a contact address out of Florida. But the fish will ship to you out of California.

My guess is they ship from wholesaler facilities. This isn’t that uncommon. Prices seem to reflect this.

ltcmiller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used them over the years but lately I've had problems. Today my recent order arrived. Was suppose to get three cardinals - one was DOA and the other two bags were empty - nothing in them. Also four dottybacks and they all arrived struggling for life and one DOA. I'm trying to nurse the other three. One Tang was struggling and most likely will make it. I filed a claim (as usual) and they will most likely credit my account. But too many issues lately so will try another supplier.

sushi_and_sashimi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried them out last week. One fish DOA, the remaining 3 died in under 5 days. Went through a bunch of meds and saltwater trying to save them. So they won't refund the shipping and boxing fees and taxes and jacked up the prices on the fish as well only to give a credit for the fish at the lower price. They couldn't even ship healthy fish from LA to San Diego (yeah, I too noticed they didn't come from Florida). Think twice before buying an expensive fish from them.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would look at the vendor feedback forum and see what others are saying.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • None.

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 7.4%
Back