saltyhog's DSA 155 mixed reef

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s a DSA 135 and Stand listed on eBay. It’s in New Fairfield, Connecticut. Way too much money IMO, for a no warranty Aquarium. Tried to barter with him, to no avail. Been listed now for several years. BTW I’m no longer interested in it, as I’m building out a 120 Gallon.

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few pictures from today. A couple of a hitch hiker bivalve I noticed a couple of months ago. It's growing and unlike the ones I've had in the past has a mantle that protrudes beyond the edge of the shell.
Wrasses (1 of 1).jpg

Anemone crab (1 of 1).jpg

Bivalve.jpg

Gorgonian (1 of 1).jpg

Christmas Tree worms (1 of 1).jpg

Bivalve2.jpg

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s the tank?

Doing well, thank you! I fat finger fragged a huge chunk of my thin skinned blue acro the other day. Giving it to a friend who will keep the line going. War between my M. digi, green slimer and purple stylo is getting pretty real. Fish are doing well. May add a couple of more wrasses soon.

Pictures soon.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doing well, thank you! I fat finger fragged a huge chunk of my thin skinned blue acro the other day. Giving it to a friend who will keep the line going. War between my M. digi, green slimer and purple stylo is getting pretty real. Fish are doing well. May add a couple of more wrasses soon.

Pictures soon.
Looking forward to all the pics :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to all the pics :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Short video just a little while ago. You can see the multibranched chunk of the blue acro on the sand. At the end is my new zoa garden I did a few weeks ago. All of them have grown off the plugs...especially the purple heart zoa.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Short video just a little while ago. You can see the multibranched chunk of the blue acro on the sand. At the end is my new zoa garden I did a few weeks ago. All of them have grown off the plugs...especially the purple heart zoa.

I can’t see anything sorry lol

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a question to ask so I’ve been pretty interested in getting a Nahackyi. I’ve found a few pictures regarding them and I have found multiple ones regarding this coloration
1671587160922.jpeg

But then I have also found some like these
1671587138044.png

Is this because the second picture is the Terminal male phase and the first is still the younger phase? I also see that the dorsal spine/fin is less pronounced in these two. I’ve seen most older males have a really pronounced one.

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a question to ask so I’ve been pretty interested in getting a Nahackyi. I’ve found a few pictures regarding them and I have found multiple ones regarding this coloration
1671587160922.jpeg

But then I have also found some like these
1671587138044.png

Is this because the second picture is the Terminal male phase and the first is still the younger phase? I also see that the dorsal spine/fin is less pronounced in these two. I’ve seen most older males have a really pronounced one.

Mine is exactly like the second picture. Both are terminal phase males. I believe the first picture is a variant from a less often collected area (but could be completely wrong about that) I've never seen that coloration offered.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is exactly like the second picture. Both are terminal phase males. I believe the first picture is a variant from a less often collected area (but could be completely wrong about that) I've never seen that coloration offered.
Alright so it’s really the one I like the most then.

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite coral has to be between the big green skimmer and the Duncan. Beautiful growth!
Interestingly my LFS gave me a 2" piece of theirs in exchange to a bunch of M digi frags I gave them. Mounted it horizontally on the top of that rock and the growth pattern has been beautiful....best advice they ever gave me.
Your Earls looks outstanding!
He's my favorite and my pet. He competes with the tangs when I hand feed the remainder of the nori clip every day.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back