saltyhog

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spill the beans! Pics or it's a tall tale! :p

I saw that yellow fin, I can only be home for shipments on Wed and Sat....I like to avoid Sat though. Yellow fins are way under rated IMO.

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Spill the beans! Pics or it's a tall tale! :p

I saw that yellow fin, I can only be home for shipments on Wed and Sat....I like to avoid Sat though. Yellow fins are way under rated IMO.
A8DA45ED-8871-45AC-9E3D-87CBFEECE74B.jpeg

BB0BD9E3-1757-41BE-AFF9-57D70F09919C.jpeg

Bought as a female and seems to have transitioned over night! It’s only about 1.25 inches.

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yep Johnsoni. Have wanted one forever. My LFS got it for me. QM had a sale on the. A couple weeks ago. They prqzi’d him but we’re nervous to use copper on it given it small size. So I started copper two days ago. Eats like a pig. Mysis, reef frenzy and pellets.

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking for some bivalves that have been on one of my rocks for years. Wanted to see if they survived the dinos. At first I couldn't find any of them. When I was feeding though my shadow passed over the rock and I saw the movement of one closing. All 5 are alive and well and so covered with coralline they are almost invisible.

Three are pretty visible in this pictures....can you spot them?

bivalves (1 of 1).jpg

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tom turbo(my 7 yo turbo snail) is not usually out during lights on but he came out sporting some new decoration. Looks like the nerite snails have been getting frisky on the top part of his shell. ;Happy

Tom turbo.jpg (1 of 1).jpg

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a piece of Dragon's Breath macro algae at our reef club meeting today. First time I've put macro algae in the DT but it's so colorful I made an exception. We'll see if my tang leaves it alone or chows down on it.

Dragon Breath5 (1 of 1).jpg

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't want to start a new thread but I'm upgrading my IM Fusion 10 gallon that sits beside my chair. I'm going with an IM Fusion 25 gallon lagoon.

Got the light mounts today and put them on the tank.
Light mounts.jpg

Using two Sicce pumps instead of the single Mighty Jet that came with the tank. These are Sicce Silent 1.0 and 1.5. May not have any powrer heads just the pumps (will be a little over 600 gph. Also using random flow generators as nozzles.

Pumps.jpg

Also worked a little on the aquascape. Hopefully have room for this and my barnacle cluster for my barnacle blennies as well as two more rocks from the 10 gallon.

Aquascape.jpg

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are those light mounts the ones that attach to the glass? Those always scare me.... ;Wideyed

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are those light mounts the ones that attach to the glass? Those always scare me.... ;Wideyed

They are. I've had a similar (older mount) on the 10 gallon for a few years. No problems with it but it did make me a little nervous for a while.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't want to start a new thread but I'm upgrading my IM Fusion 10 gallon that sits beside my chair. I'm going with an IM Fusion 25 gallon lagoon.

Got the light mounts today and put them on the tank.
Light mounts.jpg

Using two Sicce pumps instead of the single Mighty Jet that came with the tank. These are Sicce Silent 1.0 and 1.5. May not have any powrer heads just the pumps (will be a little over 600 gph. Also using random flow generators as nozzles.

Pumps.jpg

Also worked a little on the aquascape. Hopefully have room for this and my barnacle cluster for my barnacle blennies as well as two more rocks from the 10 gallon.

Aquascape.jpg
Looks like a typical reefers workspace. Bottles of vinegar, used jebao UV sterilizer, dead animals on the wall...

I‘m jealous of the new tank.

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a typical reefers workspace. Bottles of vinegar, used jebao UV sterilizer, dead animals on the wall...

I‘m jealous of the new tank.

LOL and you didn't even see all the Brutes as one was drying on the patio.

I had several of my mounts in storage during our move 3 years ago and mice ate the nose off of some of the mounts so they aren't suitable for display in the house. :p

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the 25 Lagoon wet yesterday and transferred the contents of 10 gallon today.. Shocked at how much bigger the 25 really is. It looks empty with everything from the 10 in it. I think I'm going to thoroughly enjoy this little tank. Thinking a Yasha's goby and shrimp pair are on the horizon soon.

The 10 before the move.
Fusion 19-10-4 (1 of 1).jpg

Context...my spot left of the tank.

19-12-23 Lagoon1 (1 of 1).jpg

19-12-23 Lagoon2 (1 of 1).jpg

19-12-23 Lagoon3 (1 of 1).jpg

19-12-23 Lagoon4 (1 of 1).jpg

19-12-23 Lagoon5 (1 of 1).jpg

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New acquisition. Got this yellow tang from our new LFS in Little Rock . He's been in QT for about 10 days and will finish copper treatment in a few days. On to my cycled QT tank for observation, fattening up and treatment for internal/external parasites. Really beautiful tang. Color and fins are perfect.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back