OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's good with haggling with you to make a sale, but his final price would still be well above what I want to pay.

Could have got some on Dives Den (Must have been the same ones that you saw) but was wary that the Regel would pester those.

Do you dip them with coral dip?

Thanks for taking the time.

Did not dip them at all. I only keep Bayer and Coral Rx and I know the Bayer would kill them DRTRN (dead right there right now). I suspect Coral Rx would as well.

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 7 year old brittle star made a surprise appearance as I was feeding the tank this afternoon. He usually only comes out from under his rock at night. Not sure how big he is now....the last time I saw all of him was when I moved the tank a little over 4 years ago and he pretty much covered the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket then.

Move8.jpg

Brittle star (1 of 1).jpg

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The monti cap in my IM Lagoon 25 has grown over/in to a zoa colony with interesting results. The three polyps at the top of the pictures are almost completely surrounded . The big one in the front is about 1/2 surrounded.

monti-zoa war.jpg

monti-zoa war2.jpg

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 25 Lagoon is coming up on being a year old. The Rainbow Monti has pretty much taken over the big barnacle cluster my Panamic barnacle blennies live in. It's choked out one small zoa colony and now it's trying to overgrow a big barnacle opening. It's already covered a couple of smaller ones. I think I'll break that piece off with some hemostats and glue it on my overflow.

Rainbow monti-barnacle (1 of 1).jpg

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooops! Made some adjustments on my alkalinity dosing on the 25 Lagoon. Unfortunately my timer has two outlets.....one switched/timer, the other a normal hot outlet. Guess which one I plugged the dosing pump in to?!!!

Whiteout2.jpg

I've done a 50% water change.....wouldn't ya know it the one time I violate my "keep at least 25 gallons of fresh saltwater" policy!

GBRsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooops! Made some adjustments on my alkalinity dosing on the 25 Lagoon. Unfortunately my timer has two outlets.....one switched/timer, the other a normal hot outlet. Guess which one I plugged the dosing pump in to?!!!

Whiteout2.jpg

I've done a 50% water change.....wouldn't ya know it the one time I violate my "keep at least 25 gallons of fresh saltwater" policy!

Fingers crossed for you!

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazingly my Alkalinity after the water change was 7.4! About to check calcium....I bet it's dropped 100 points due to the tremendous precipitation required to get the alkalinity that low. Everything that's not coral or fish is white. Remarkably the corals all look happy as can be!

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Calcium wasn't as bad as I expected. Dropped from 400 to 350 from yesterday. Feels weird to have to increase my alkalinity dosing and calcium dosing after a massive overdose. Changed my filter pads out and they were full of white precipitate.

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The nano tank seems to have recovered nicely. I did have one coral that was damaged(surprisingly a birds nest). My only acro in the tank so far is growing nicely. This is from 12/15/20 to 1/17/21. That monti is growing even faster.

yel tip acro 20-12-15.jpg

yel tip acro 21-1-17.jpg

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A short video, pleased that everything is improving still. Unfortunately as you can see the zoas/palys have gained a big advantage during the dino battles and what started as an SPS dominant tank is now a zoa dominant tank....for now. As soon as this weather makes it safe to ship I'm making an SPS order!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 141 60.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 65 28.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 83 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.7%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.2%
Back