Same Clown Different Look

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mitchell
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Thanks folks. I'll be shooting this little guy a lot. I want to enlarge one to say a 20x30 for the owner...which one would you pick?
 
Kinda looks like a HDR... Very nice pics..
What's your equipment and shooting settings?
 
Kinda looks like a HDR... Very nice pics..
What's your equipment and shooting settings?
Thank you
I use Nikon equipment. A D300 and a Nikon 60mm macro. I use an SB800 off camera flash when photographing fish. These were taken in Manual mode. 1/60th @f/9. ( well at least the file I opened were at these settings- 2nd photo...Untitled 6) The others wouldn't have varied that much.
 
is there a diffuser on the flash i dont see any hot spots.. never would of guess you used a flash..
 
Ah yes there is. Just the plastic snap on that came with the sb800. Flash is at about a 45 degree angle to the front glass and about 10" away from the glass. Manual mode and I was shooting anywhere between 1/16 - 1/32 power so not much.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new