Sam's Oceanic 120 - DIY solutions

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
He is a good speaker... and philanthropist ;)

This is my algae dealing method: (I said rip-clean because it was easier but I do most of it in the tank.)
IMG_3053.JPEG
I clip the filter socks into the sump but basically the same!

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
We all know why it’s “almost”!
Nope, that would have been a "ask for forgiveness" purchase. It was labeled $35 I believe so it was under the threshold of "I might get killed in my sleep" aka $50... The fish wasn't looking healthy so I didn't want to risk it.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, that would have been a "ask for forgiveness" purchase. It was labeled $35 I believe so it was under the threshold of "I might get killed in my sleep" aka $50... The fish wasn't looking healthy so I didn't want to risk it.

Says the big, tough guy holding what appears to be a bolt action, 30-06 rifle.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Says the big, tough guy holding what appears to be a bolt action, 30-06 rifle.
Yep. She's the one with the .308 that sleeps next to me.

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I was having so many bad prints from poor adhesion I fianlly made a decent enclosure for the enders.
IMG_3075(2).JPEG

Rock for the 15Gallon is cooking! I drilled many frag-plug holes in the rock because they'll make it much harder for the dragon wrasse to dislodge my corals.
He'll still pile gravel on them though...
IMG_3076(1).JPEG
This feels really nice to see. I could never get these numbers without CO2 scrubbing. My Top-of-Skimmer scrubber has been effortless to maintain.
012123-ph.png

rc8t6353

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which Petco do you go to? I'm right across the border in NWI and don't mind a drive. I've never been to reefwise either. Field Trip this weekend? Lol
Took that field trip. I didn't have the time to get to Petco. I did visit reefwise and Wojteks Reef. Reefwise has an awesome selection of coral and their display is gorgeous. Wojteks Reef has a very large selection of ABSOLUTE FIRE and he's a really nice, down to earth guy. I grabbed five frags from him for a very reasonable price. If you're in the Schaumburg area check him out. You won't be disappointed!

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took that field trip. I didn't have the time to get to Petco. I did visit reefwise and Wojteks Reef. Reefwise has an awesome selection of coral and their display is gorgeous. Wojteks Reef has a very large selection of ABSOLUTE FIRE and he's a really nice, down to earth guy. I grabbed five frags from him for a very reasonable price. If you're in the Schaumburg area check him out. You won't be disappointed!
I'm gonna throw a huge second to Wojtek's Reef. If you've never gone, you cannot appreciate how much this dude invests his time and care into his tanks. He and Adam remind me a lot of each other in the best ways.

rc8t6353

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm gonna throw a huge second to Wojtek's Reef. If you've never gone, you cannot appreciate how much this dude invests his time and care into his tanks. He and Adam remind me a lot of each other in the best ways.
He must definitely does.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back