OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Main reason I haven't bothered with it, don't know if I'd recoupe the cost quick enough to justify.
I like renting... don't want to store more stuff! Also I really don't want todo more domestic plumbing anytime soon!

I prefer doing the waste lines! haha

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That is a pretty sweet giveaway! Figure the kit is about $2,500 and then the swag too.

Since no one else has asked, maybe since it's none of our business, but I'll go ahead and do so; why would you buy a tool that costs so much and "$2,000 worth of fittings" only to not use it?

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That is a pretty sweet giveaway! Figure the kit is about $2,500 and then the swag too.

Since no one else has asked, maybe since it's none of our business, but I'll go ahead and do so; why would you buy a tool that costs so much and "$2,000 worth of fittings" only to not use it?
G,vmt worker...:D

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Of course Tim has a relevant giveaway!
Actually, that was just Big Brother spying. We were talking about it here and it pops up on my IG as "Recommended for you"

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
G,vmt worker...:D
This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

If we have to replumb the resident's side we'll use it but only if we have to cut their pipe. Propress fittings are better than trying to train new employees to solder copper and there's less chance of them blowing through the copper doing it wrong. Also, the fittings are cheaper than standard compression fittings and look "cleaner".

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

If we have to replumb the resident's side we'll use it but only if we have to cut their pipe. Propress fittings are better than trying to train new employees to solder copper and there's less chance of them blowing through the copper doing it wrong. Also, the fittings are cheaper than standard compression fittings and look "cleaner".
just make sure to train them to insert pipe, mark it then pull it out the check its seated all the way in at the line... then put it back on and stamp it...
I think that was the process I reverse engineered from seeing my plumbers marks on the pipes in the section he did.
unless I am misunderstanding why all his joints have a line on them.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
just make sure to train them to insert pipe, mark it then pull it out the check its seated all the way in at the line... then put it back on and stamp it...
I think that was the process I reverse engineered from seeing my plumbers marks on the pipes in the section he did.
unless I am misunderstanding why all his joints have a line on them.
Those are probably centering marks. We always dry fit the pipes, mark center, and then put it together. It's no fun when you don't dry fit and find an ovaled piece of pipe after everything is almost done.

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
finally... over 200feet of poly tube for the kitchen water dispenser, fridge, drain-line, and tank ATO to be situated where they are relative to the water line.
IMG_3676.JPEG
great DI resin packer!
IMG_3673.JPEG

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salifert says 7.7 dkh; Hanna says 8.4...
Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
I don’t trust Salifert with Alk. Only with Mag I do. Only Hanna and want to try out the NYOS even though people seem to hate it.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t trust Salifert with Alk. Only with Mag I do. Only Hanna and want to try out the NYOS even though people seem to hate it.
I like the rea sea pro ALK version. Now that I know how to read the results properly. :face-with-rolling-eyes: I try to just stick with one kind of test unless something comes back sketchy I need to cross check

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm just diced-out by how much my Alk consumption has gone up. Got a new Mg test and found that was low too!
Found a hidden shroom for Monday!
IMG_3726(1).JPEG
IMG_3727.JPEG

he is one of these: (just split again! Original base is up and right of the shroom)
IMG_3728(1).JPEG

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back