Sam's Oceanic 120 - DIY solutions

Cleaned and vacuumed the sand in my refugium today. Emptied my skimmer and replaced my filter floss roll.
IMG_4257(1).JPEG
added 10 brittle stars to the tanks
IMG_4235(1).JPEG
Dipped and set 13 new corals! (2 of which have already STN)
IMG_4256(1).JPEG
IMG_4255(1).JPEG
 
Now you gotta get a couple of clownfish, really cool to see them interact.

IMG_2216.jpeg
I have a pair in the 120 that've seen over 90hours of hosting videos but never hosted (besides the corner) . maybe new clowns for the nem tank?
 
I have a pair in the 120 that've seen over 90hours of hosting videos but never hosted (besides the corner) . maybe new clowns for the nem tank?
I had a less than 1" pair in my 120 for about 1.5 years. They were moved to my 30g remote and I added a nem. Took about 2 days and they have never left. They have laid eggs 5 times now.
The right nem helps as mine were tank raised clowns.
20230310_153310.jpg
 
I have a pair in the 120 that've seen over 90hours of hosting videos but never hosted (besides the corner) . maybe new clowns for the nem tank?
In my case, I’ve had success forcing the hosting relationship with tank raised clowns by using my acclimation box and all but pushing the clownfish into a good sized nem.

IMG_1893.jpeg
 
In my case, I’ve had success forcing the hosting relationship with tank raised clowns by using my acclimation box and all but pushing the clownfish into a good sized nem.

IMG_1893.jpeg
That is a great idea! I have a pretty big dragon wrasse living in that tank and I'm not sure there'll be enough room - I don't want to start any aggression. technically I should put the big wrasse in the big tank but I'm not sure I'm ready for their shenanigans.
 
Took my daughter fishing the other day. She got a nice crappy and I netted some top-minnows & a couple of turtles for the backyard tub. They're really cool looking; one has red details and the other yellow.
IMG_4320(1).JPEG
 
Just getting back to town, email tells me I have a @Projects with Sam package to pickup at the post office tomorrow..

shaq-shimmy.gif
I know how lonely it can be up North and the endless days just run into each other so I included a little DIY kit for you! :D
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new