OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
alk has slowly trended down enough. Went back on the offensive... increased kalk dosing to try to stay in the 9-0 range.
092822-alk.jpg

Just trying to get stuff organized. My In-Laws left after a great weekend. My kids are missing them and acting out a little. The fish are chilling...

I noticed my Mandarin goby is missing a lot of tail but I never see him being bothered; I'll need to keep an eye on him.
The Bristletooth tang is not even noticed by the hippo tangs. did I get the most mellow Hippo Tangs out there?
Timmy and the other Angelfish seem fine.
The food cubes I made have waaaay too much gelatin in them so they really stay together; the fish have a game called steal the food cube now... Its pretty fun to watch; they swim all around carrying the food cube and kind of nomming on it as they go. Most of the fish play; I am surprised to see the algae blenny and the clownfish taking turns swiping the cube from the tangs and angelfish... I'll get a video tomorrow.

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
@Projects with Sam do you plan to have a full sand or a substrate bed later? You do have the sand bowl?
I dont plan on doing substrate; I made a rock feature with a sandy bowl in it. The feature on the left side is a big bowl surrounded on most sides by rock walls for sand and high flow.

I'm currently trying to make my youtube video about the rocks fun to watch but its pretty lame... have been stuck/preoccupied for months.

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Looks like the algae situation is WAY better!
Thanks! yes! the fluconazole is amazing! I have some GHA coming in in spots but thats way easier to deal with. Seems my Cyano came back with a vengence.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! yes! the fluconazole is amazing! I have some GHA coming in in spots but thats way easier to deal with. Seems my Cyano came back with a vengence.
As my husband said last night... "its always something".... :face-with-tears-of-joy:

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
2022-10-02 9:58 PMAlkalinity8.9
2022-10-02 10:05 PMCalcium475
2022-10-02 10:09 PMMagnesium1365
2022-10-02 10:16 PMNitrate25
2022-10-02 10:17 PMPhosphate0.1
100322_alk.jpg
upping the kalk dose now...

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Before stay at home dad I was a Computer Scientist and before that a hospitality consultant :D
was trying to find a gig todo while still staying at home... the gig kind of found me!
may still go back part time.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before stay at home dad I was a Computer Scientist and before that a hospitality consultant :D
was trying to find a gig todo while still staying at home... the gig kind of found me!
may still go back part time.
Hospitality consultant to Computer Scientist? I feel like those two things don't usually go together. lol You are a man of many talents. One of these days, a stay at home gig will find me as well. So far the only thing I get really excited about is making DIY all things spooky, creepy and halloween. If I could just do that for life, that would a be a dream!

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Best advice I can give is to just document it! Put it on YouTube.
lol get hitfilm express (free) and start editing! There are a ton of folks out there digging on the Halloween cosplay stuff! You could sell EVA foam masks on Etsy or something! I can show you how to make webpage to sell your stuff for only like $12/year domain registration… Amazon makes it so free basically

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hospitality consultant to Computer Scientist? I feel like those two things don't usually go together. lol You are a man of many talents. One of these days, a stay at home gig will find me as well. So far the only thing I get really excited about is making DIY all things spooky, creepy and halloween. If I could just do that for life, that would a be a dream!
hehe. went back for my computer science degree at nights when doing hotel design consultant stuff. I did buying/purchasing/expediting for a bit.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 160 61.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 69 26.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 90 34.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 68 26.3%
Back