OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Had to buy a bunch of knock-off high temp all-metal hot ends to install on the printers todo PETG. And upgraded to Capricorn tubing. The printers were jamming from heat creep. Now I need to re-slice all my models with zero retraction so I don't clog. Still keeping at least two printers running nonstop.
I may need to get the $40 mobos for silent running...

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
IMG_2164.JPEG

Poor little guy didn't make it. His bully got the lions' share of his tail. I saw it a few weeks ago and tried to get him out for the exile tank but this little guy always eluded me. Now he's swimming free with the fishes... :(

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2164.JPEG

Poor little guy didn't make it. His bully got the lions' share of his tail. I saw it a few weeks ago and tried to get him out for the exile tank but this little guy always eluded me. Now he's swimming free with the fishes... :(
Who was his bully?

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2164.JPEG

Hate to see that. Such a beautiful fish.

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I know it was my Daughter's; she would be crushed if she hadn't gotten so used to just not seeing it. It kept a really low profile with the tail nipping. I never saw who actually did it.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Will do! I'll be posting a ton more products I cook up.

just getting the manufacturing space all setup.

IMG_2098(1).jpg IMG_2101.JPEG IMG_2104.JPEG IMG_2105.JPEG
IMG_2123.JPEG
one more Ender and I'll have my starting equipment. The cnc will go under the table (pull out drawer or cart on casters)
dust collection behind the file cabinet. Can even setup ventilation so I can start doing ABS.
I have 3 knock-off all metal hot-ends coming for the Enders today because they're unreliable PETG slingers without.
I can always get you another coupon...

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
@tbrown3589 Tim look. Sam has 4 now, soon to be 5! When's yours coming?
Ummm... Well... Hopefully I can convince her to get one soon! We just got back from a (unsuccessful) hunting trip. Taking my daughter back up for Friday night and Saturday for another chance hopefully.

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
3 years ago it was a similar situation for me getting my first printer! The big one on the left. There were many justifications needed before consideration. I'm stocking up now because I'm trying to make a business out of it.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
3 years ago it was a similar situation for me getting my first printer! The big one on the left. There were many justifications needed before consideration. I'm stocking up now because I'm trying to make a business out of it.
With ESA getting approved I may be getting the kids some CAD curriculum for 3D printing. That would require the 3D printer so... :smiling-face-with-halo:

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My brother has ha design that may need printed. I told him to send it my way and I'd do it.
you're still doing PLA right? stick with it... PETG is a pain. I forgot the learning curve... apparently its different for each printer.

my kids are stoked... so much scrap plastic to hot glue together!

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you're still doing PLA right? stick with it... PETG is a pain. I forgot the learning curve... apparently its different for each printer.

my kids are stoked... so much scrap plastic to hot glue together!
Yeah. Still on the first roll. I made a frag rack last night. Had some adhesion issues. Bed was at 100 so I'm not sure why the corner was pealing. It's not all ruined, just not perfect.

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yeah. Still on the first roll. I made a frag rack last night. Had some adhesion issues. Bed was at 100 so I'm not sure why the corner was pealing. It's not all ruined, just not perfect.
I add tabs to the models at the spots that are lifting when I have issues.
The Light shade model 2 I am making was lifting big-time and sagging so I had to model a whole internal latice skeleton so it keeps its shape as its made. a lot to throw away but worth it if the shade looks awesome.
IMG_2180.JPEG

pre-release photo - you see that back corner? Ihad a layer shift... this was last version of the support lattice...
IMG_2179.JPEG

haha... wanted to show someone... this was a female dog to get right...

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I add tabs to the models at the spots that are lifting when I have issues.
The Light shade model 2 I am making was lifting big-time and sagging so I had to model a whole internal latice skeleton so it keeps its shape as its made. a lot to throw away but worth it if the shade looks awesome.
IMG_2180.JPEG

pre-release photo - you see that back corner? Ihad a layer shift... this was last version of the support lattice...
IMG_2179.JPEG

haha... wanted to show someone... this was a female dog to get right...
I'll have to look on a computer. It's hard to see details on my cracked phone screen. You recycle any of the scrap?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back