Mark Gray

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sandsifting Goby Caveat

Thirty odd years ago I had a pair of Engineer Gobies (Pholidichthys leucotaenia). They were not anemone friendly. They took a dislike to my Blue Carpet and repeatedly attempted to smother it with sand. I had to move the nem to another tank to save it.
Really hum not sure if I will put a nem in this one I doubt j do. I think mostly SPS, but I want sand, and I think but still not sure if I will put a sand sifting goby in, I travel for work sometimes and am gone for a few days, so I can't always uncover them every day.

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Anemones with mine and they never wander near the sand bed. Even then I have a rock full of mushrooms right on the sandbed and it always stay uncovered. It really depends on how comfortable you fish is in your system

Wurst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a tiger watchman that was great about skimming sand across the tank without dumping it on corals. Left a lid open one night and he jumped out and died. At the same time as the tiger I had a diamond that definitely went deeper into the sand, but dumped on corals. Past tense sounded weird - still have the diamond, just no tiger. Never had quarrels between the gobies. Also have a white sleeper goby, but it hides all the time.

Caption This Contest OFFICIAL VOTING POLL! (make a post in this thread and you could win a prize too)

• "What do you mean?! I am smiling!

• "Did she really just rejoin the ReefAholics Anonymous group...AGAIN?!"

• "Take a look at the new Sexy Shrimp!"

• "I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clownfish? I amuse you?"

• "Looks like your living room is going through the ugly stage"

• "Aghhh! Go put on your makeup before feeding me, please!"

• "You try eating sand and not get constipated!"

• "Everyone, hide! The landlord is coming!"

• "He touched the butt!"

• "They forgot to shut off the RO line and left for work...AGAIN"

• "Get off my sand!"

• "What do you mean I can't say that on a family friendly forum?"

• "My face looking over my bank statement after a reef show..."

• "Kids, you're grounded! Get back in my mouth!"

• "When you see a human with a bucket and know somethings is about to go down."

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back