Sanrise review....kinda

slowngreen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've now had an Aqua Sanrise r60 since December of 2017. I did purchase a 2nd one about 8 months ago to go with the first.
So far, colors are still great. No burnt diodes and no fan troubles.
Sps growth has been, to me, good. I don't have any par numbers but they seem very happy under these lights.

The problem I do have though is the display on both lights. Not sure how to explain it but it's like you can see all digits all the time. Like if you were to push on a microwave clock and the outlines of the other digits show up, thats what they have done. It makes it hard to read if you need to change percentages.

Would I buy again? Good question... I do really like the color you can achieve without having to change any led's. They are well built and look good and smooth. Not bulky. Fans are good and quiet and keep them cool....

The app is less than ideal, always crashes or doesn't like to link with my phone.

I think of one were to go plewy, I would likely replace it with the same thing. Again mainly only dislike is the display being goofy now.

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing your experiences. Got any growth progression pictures or shots of your tank with the lights on?

OP
OP
slowngreen

slowngreen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing your experiences. Got any growth progression pictures or shots of your tank with the lights on?

With 7 months of use, my purple tip brown digi has gone from 3" frag to 6" and I've broken off 5 pieces on accident which are all several inches now. My purple digi went from 3.5" to around 7 and started growing out width ways pretty good.

first pic in March 2nd pic in October.

DSCN2524.JPG
DSCN2622.JPG

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 157 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back