Santa arrived late.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

droblack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, FedEx made it interesting, but came through when all was said and done. The driver failed to stop due to construction in front of my condo, and listed my package as "delivery attempted, no one to receive package or business closed." Meanwhile, UPS is delivering packages in my "unaccessible" building. The driver ended up returning my box of corals to the sort facility. After several calls on wwc's end and a few from me, the corals were finally delivered around 7 p.m. Thankfully, they were all in good shape. Here is a not-so-great pic of the new kids in town:

Mellow Yellow, War of the Worlds, Planet Smoothie (the name reminds me of Metalocalypse for some reason), and Blueberry acro (the dark one, hard to see).
wwcfragsJan2010.jpg

Thanks Victor, Lou, and Ryan for getting the FedEx issue straightened out. You guys continue to impress me with your professionalism and beautiful corals. Looking forward to next time again!

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a score. All of these are on my list. Congrats - and a sigh of relief for sure! I would have been fraking out...lol

OP
OP
droblack

droblack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Craig. In the past I would've been freaking, but not this time. Wasn't happy with the driver not even trying to deliver my package, but knew everything would be alright. The weather is mild, expert shipping, healthy corals, and faith that if they were any doa's that they would be taken care of. Had a box show up 3 days late (shipped thursday, delivered on monday) from the old Reefermadness, and 2 of the 4 acros survived, and all the other corals made it. Don't recommend it, but if shipped correctly, most healthy corals can take an extra day imo.

xmjxflipx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
hey dro u got a better pic of the mellow yellow and planet smoothie? would love to see coloration on them but the pics are..dark somewhat :) if possible

rebecca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tagging along on better pics. want to get a mellow yellow. almost would cover free shipping lol.

OP
OP
droblack

droblack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll try to shoot some better pics this weekend. Took that pic under blue leds while they acclimated. Yes Manny, I have quite a problem. Can't even trust myself anymore when it comes to corals.

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the Business Rob!! We are very hapy to see you have become a true collector in the reefing world :tongue: I remember those days of Brown acros...J/K..lol...see you later buddy.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 69 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.4%
Back