• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Santa Monica HOG1 Algae Scrubber

Riptide_Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Santa Monica HOG1 algae scrubber. Modified with a bubble counter on the air exit to work as a silencer (should be easy to remove if you don't want to run it this way.)

Also comes with a Whisper AP 150 air pump and hose to run the scrubber.

I originally purchased the scrubber and air pump new, and I only used it for about 5 months, but to be honest I just didn't get much growth in my system. Santa Monica has a lot of tips and tricks to get it working well, I guess I'm just being lazy about it. Comes with the original black cloth needed to reduce light for your initial setup, as well as instructions. All cleaned up and ready to go!

Located in Santee, CA.

$125 shipped, obo

1.jpeg
2.jpeg
3.jpeg
4.jpeg
5.jpeg

OP
OP
Riptide_Reef

Riptide_Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Saturday! Feel free to make some offers on the scrubber!

OP
OP
Riptide_Reef

Riptide_Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was hit or miss depending on the month... I think my issue was that GHA on my rocks were typically out competing the scrubber. I did have a good cycle where I got good gha growth in the scrubber, then once I cleaned it out it didn’t really come back. Santa Monica’s IG page has some good tips on how to troubleshoot different scenarios. I got lazy about it since I wasn’t much of a fan of the bubbling noise in my living room, so took it out and currently looking for a different option for nutrient export in my AIO tank.

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was hit or miss depending on the month... I think my issue was that GHA on my rocks were typically out competing the scrubber. I did have a good cycle where I got good gha growth in the scrubber, then once I cleaned it out it didn’t really come back. Santa Monica’s IG page has some good tips on how to troubleshoot different scenarios. I got lazy about it since I wasn’t much of a fan of the bubbling noise in my living room, so took it out and currently looking for a different option for nutrient export in my AIO tank.
Let me know what you find if you remember. My other option was hang on fuge but didn’t want another thing in my dt if avoidable

OP
OP
Riptide_Reef

Riptide_Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s almost Xmas! Feel free to throw out a decent offer everyone, happy holidays!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back