SaraB's 183G Rimless AGE Downgrade ;-)

Thanks Sara, Now it makes more sense to me if you have 400 gallons. Yes, I do run those reactors along with my Deltec skimmer and calcium reactor. I've always been a big Deltec supporter.
 
Do you have the FR509's as well? I change out my carbon and gfo every 3 weeks. I don't use the Rowa brand and typically use the high capacity gfo from Bulk Reef supply. I had run out and bought some of the standard cheaper gfo, so I put a tad bit more in the reactor than usual. I've got the good stuff coming tomorrow, so I'll take the level down about an inch when I run that again. I honestly have never measured the ml to see how much I should be using for the roughly 400G system I'm running. For carbon I run the BRS Ligonite type.

This is also good to know. I am almost out of carbon and I was thinking of going with BRS. How have you liked their carbon?
 
I thought the 400G might be the missing piece of the puzzle ;)

I love the Ligonite variety from them. Both Gary and I use it.
 
Last edited:
I was looking at the Vertex reactors and the inlet and outlet were facing opposite directions and would not work on my table. I'd prefer an out of sump one as well. Do you happen to have a link or a pic of yours?

This is the one I have: Vertex Aquaristik Zeovit Filter Model ZF-15 With Pump

The inlet and outlet are not directly inline but not on opposite sides. They are probably offset by a few inches. You could disconnect the pump and just hook your plumbing straight to the inlet. I had a small tlf reactor and didn't like using it with the pellets and a local guy was selling this used so I figured for the price it was worth it.

If you don't like thumb screws then you'll love this reactor..:bigsmile:
They have it running carbon but not sure what sizes it comes in to hold enough pellets.

Reef Octopus Media Filter Review | Reef Gizmo

These are the sizes off of Coralvue site:


  • Reef Octopus® Media Filter
  • MF 100 is 2.5″ in diameter and 20″ tall.
  • MF 200 is 3.5″ in diameter and 20″tall.
They have a Reef Octopus Pellet reactor but it has the thumbscrews...:sad:
 
Last edited:
Thanks Paul! I'm guessing I may have to settle for some thumb screws for a while until I get my hands on this new Deltec. I did the conversion and I'm not so excited about the $400 price tag either.
 
I added a few fish, snails, hermits, a couple corals and a clam this past long weekend! Photo's are off my iPhone... here's everything in some stage of acclimation:


fish1.jpg


fish3.jpg


Too many in the sump so had to move some bags to the fuge too:

fish2.jpg
 
lol - at the too many bags comment Sara - So what did you get!! Assuming we dont get to see just the bags :tongue:
 
I picked up an Echinata and a cool bubble coral.
 
For Fish it was:
3 Potters Wrasse
1 Marginalis
1 Chevron Tang
1 Linespot Flasher Wrasse [Paracheilinus Lineopunctatus]
1 Stigmaticus /Red-Streaked Blenny [Cirripectes stigmaticus]
 
I picked up an Echinata and a cool bubble coral.
 
For Fish it was:
3 Potters Wrasse
1 Marginalis
1 Chevron Tang
1 Linespot Flasher Wrasse [Paracheilinus Lineopunctatus]
1 Stigmaticus /Red-Streaked Blenny [Cirripectes stigmaticus]
awesome Sara! 1smile1
 
Agreed - Cant wait to see some pictures...i absolutely love the colors on chevron tangs.
oh yeah. how big is the Chevron? I've always been a big fan of them but I'm scared to add another tang in my tank. something about tangs and ich makes me nervous.
 
oh yeah. how big is the Chevron? I've always been a big fan of them but I'm scared to add another tang in my tank. something about tangs and ich makes me nervous.

He's only about 3 inches. Gary has a great picture of him and I'll see if I can get him to post it tomorrow.
 
Finally got the Sfiligoi T-5 fixture up tonight. I still need need to do some cable management and actually wipe down the glass! The fixture has 8 of the 12 bulbs lit in the photo. I'm leaving my LED's on the top for now while I acclimate the tank to the new lighting.

T5Fixture.jpg
 
Finally got the Sfiligoi T-5 fixture up tonight. I still need need to do some cable management and actually wipe down the glass! The fixture has 8 of the 12 bulbs lit in the photo. I'm leaving my LED's on the top for now while I acclimate the tank to the new lighting.

T5Fixture.jpg

How dare you post a video tthat has been moved or deleted.

I love chevron tangs. Definately a sweet at to your "downgrade".
 
How dare you post a video tthat has been moved or deleted.

I love chevron tangs. Definately a sweet at to your "downgrade".

LOL, you were too quick ... I was fixing the pic as there is a glitch that does not allow the first picture you post to show up so it has to be edited, deleted and the link added again.
 
Looks great Sara. I assume the cord on the right side belongs to the LED strip? I'm guessing all of the Sfiligoi cords are all together on the left? I like the light hanger and the fixture really is the icing on the cake for your tank. I love it!
 
All of the fixture cords are on the back left and on the right is my Vortech cord. I have it looped over the light hanger just temporary until I attach it to the glass and add a fishline support in case it gives way. I lost one to the tile floor below before, so I'm playing more careful since then!

Nice chatting with you earlier and thanks for your assistance!
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 20.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 9 12.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new