SaraB's 183G Rimless AGE Downgrade ;-)

roshi719

Official fish poo remover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sara, My chevron was about 1.5" when I got him in 2009. He is now about 4.5" almost fully adult colors and is starting to bully up on the bigger desjardini tang in the tank with him. So you should at least get a couple good years of pretty colors out of him.

OP
OP
SaraB

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sara, My chevron was about 1.5" when I got him in 2009. He is now about 4.5" almost fully adult colors and is starting to bully up on the bigger desjardini tang in the tank with him. So you should at least get a couple good years of pretty colors out of him.

Thanks Morgan ... a couple years will work ;)

OP
OP
SaraB

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided I had better scrape my glass and clean one of my Vortechs tonight rather than the fishroom ...

FishroomDoor2.jpg

Here's a peek into the fishroom though:
FishroomDoor3.jpg

Last edited:

gimmito

Jim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet pics Sara. So the question is: "How many rings did you have to toss to win the Nemo doll ?". :wink:

Last edited:

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fishroom????:cry: who needs one of them my whole garage and living room is one haha..... Can't wait to see what's behind door number one... Does it lead out to the viper on the rack for oil change??:tongue:

OP
OP
SaraB

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sweet pics Sara. So the question is "How many rings did you have to toss to win the Nemo doll ?" ;).

So all my inlaws, and yes you get many with disfunctional families, seem to like to bring me "stuff" that is fish related for me to litter my basement with. Thank goodness I got multiple Nemo's so that I could donate one of them to Goodwill without them knowing! I avoid carnivals as many of the workers creep me out!

Fishroom????:cry: who needs one of them my whole garage and living room is one haha..... Can't wait to see what's behind door number one... Does it lead out to the viper on the rack for oil change??:tongue:

Don't worry Lee, my fish related items are not all actually stored in the fishroom as I litter many areas of the house with it all :p No, there is not a walkout basement leading to a secret garage.

And since you asked for it … maybe they look crooked from the sinking ship you are on ;) I took that shot from an angle, so everything looks crooked smarty pants!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks great Sara!

If you get a chance can you snap a pic of the light rack for me closer and on the back? :D PURDY PLEASE?

OP
OP
SaraB

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the fishroom I have it vented to the outside with an exhaust fan. I have a humidistat that controls that exhaust fan based on the percentage of humidity in the room.

Humidistat.jpg

I've also run controllers for several years, but I prefer to run all my lighting on 24 hour heavy duty timers. I have multiple circuts run into my fishroom and didn't want to put the entire load on one circuit on a controller.

LightTimer1.jpg

I have 4 of these timers in the fishroom and I have 3 in operation currently.

LightTimer2.jpg

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the fact that when you have people over,they dont have to ask if your a reefer,you have a sticker that tells them,I admire that...haha

gimmito

Jim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sara,

Did you get your Tropic Eden sand through Premium Aquatics ? I can't seem to find anybody who has it in stock.

gimmito

Jim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Sara,

I'll give them a ring on Monday, I'll need about 300 lbs. I was thinking of doing a 80/20 ratio of Reeflakes & Reefrubbly. Is episode 40 of ReefThreads coming out soon ? I need my RT fix. ;)

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man they haven't had it in stock in months!!!! eBay was the only place I could find it and it was $20 for 10lbs or something crazy...:cry: good luck I went with Carib Sea special grade reef floor it's very nice also...

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 64 43.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 47.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.9%
Back