SaraB's 183G Rimless AGE Downgrade ;-)

Sara, My chevron was about 1.5" when I got him in 2009. He is now about 4.5" almost fully adult colors and is starting to bully up on the bigger desjardini tang in the tank with him. So you should at least get a couple good years of pretty colors out of him.
 
Sara, My chevron was about 1.5" when I got him in 2009. He is now about 4.5" almost fully adult colors and is starting to bully up on the bigger desjardini tang in the tank with him. So you should at least get a couple good years of pretty colors out of him.

Thanks Morgan ... a couple years will work ;)
 
I decided I had better scrape my glass and clean one of my Vortechs tonight rather than the fishroom ...

FishroomDoor2.jpg


Here's a peek into the fishroom though:
FishroomDoor3.jpg
 
Last edited:
Sweet pics Sara. So the question is: "How many rings did you have to toss to win the Nemo doll ?". :wink:
 
Last edited:
Fishroom????:cry: who needs one of them my whole garage and living room is one haha..... Can't wait to see what's behind door number one... Does it lead out to the viper on the rack for oil change??:tongue:
 
 
Sweet pics Sara. So the question is "How many rings did you have to toss to win the Nemo doll ?" ;).

So all my inlaws, and yes you get many with disfunctional families, seem to like to bring me "stuff" that is fish related for me to litter my basement with. Thank goodness I got multiple Nemo's so that I could donate one of them to Goodwill without them knowing! I avoid carnivals as many of the workers creep me out!
 
Fishroom????:cry: who needs one of them my whole garage and living room is one haha..... Can't wait to see what's behind door number one... Does it lead out to the viper on the rack for oil change??:tongue:

Don't worry Lee, my fish related items are not all actually stored in the fishroom as I litter many areas of the house with it all :p No, there is not a walkout basement leading to a secret garage.

And since you asked for it … maybe they look crooked from the sinking ship you are on ;) I took that shot from an angle, so everything looks crooked smarty pants!
 
Looks great Sara!

If you get a chance can you snap a pic of the light rack for me closer and on the back? :D PURDY PLEASE?
 
In the fishroom I have it vented to the outside with an exhaust fan. I have a humidistat that controls that exhaust fan based on the percentage of humidity in the room.


Humidistat.jpg

I've also run controllers for several years, but I prefer to run all my lighting on 24 hour heavy duty timers. I have multiple circuts run into my fishroom and didn't want to put the entire load on one circuit on a controller.

LightTimer1.jpg



I have 4 of these timers in the fishroom and I have 3 in operation currently.

LightTimer2.jpg
 
I like the fact that when you have people over,they dont have to ask if your a reefer,you have a sticker that tells them,I admire that...haha
 
Sara,

Did you get your Tropic Eden sand through Premium Aquatics ? I can't seem to find anybody who has it in stock.
 
Thanks Sara,

I'll give them a ring on Monday, I'll need about 300 lbs. I was thinking of doing a 80/20 ratio of Reeflakes & Reefrubbly. Is episode 40 of ReefThreads coming out soon ? I need my RT fix. ;)
 
Man they haven't had it in stock in months!!!! eBay was the only place I could find it and it was $20 for 10lbs or something crazy...:cry: good luck I went with Carib Sea special grade reef floor it's very nice also...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new