SaraB's 183G Rimless AGE Downgrade ;-)

Nothing is broken at all. I also got news this morning that my light rack was to ship out today!

Here's some more box shots of the fixture:


SfiligoiBox3.jpg


SfiligoiBox4.jpg



Here's my 12 bulbs in waiting:

Bulbs.jpg
 
Really nice, I am looking forward to seeing that light being hung over it. What bulb combo did you end up going for?
 
Really nice, I am looking forward to seeing that light being hung over it. What bulb combo did you end up going for?

8 ATI Blue Plus
2 ATI Purple Plus
2 GE 6500K Daylights

I also got some new Sfiligoi bulbs in with the fixture to try out too.
 
That's a pretty nice looking set of lights! Looking forward to seeing them turned on.

CJ
 
I can't wait to get that fixture up and running too! I'll be thinking about it while I'm relaxing on the beach on vacation starting tomorrow :)
 
Thanks!

The mesh lid cover is actually to keep my wrasses from jumping out of the tank. They are notorious carpet surfers and need to be contained ;). I always say that fish that are shaped like torpedoes will do exactly that out of our tanks!
 
I can't wait to get that fixture up and running too! I'll be thinking about it while I'm relaxing on the beach on vacation starting tomorrow :)

Nice. Where you going? Any place that you can snorkle/scuba dive?

CJ
 
Headed to a couple places in Florida and we do have a snorkel trip planned for Key Largo!
 
No, not going anywhere near Orlando. We are spending most of our time in Siesta Key.
 
Sounds like a fun trip. I love the keys. We used to drive down there from Orlando when I was a kid so my dad could pick up fish for his tank.

CJ
 
So I'm pretty particular about some things and my light rack paint job was not making me happy. The silver paint color I chose apparently reacted with the clear coat and it came in all bubbly and pitted ... so I sanded them last night and got one side a coat of primer on today. The one black piece they did came in perfect, so I know it was a reaction with the 2 paints :( Hopefully I can have this finished up with painting tomorrow and it can go up on Thursday.

LightRackRepaint.jpg
 
VERY interested in this since I need to build me a rack or something to hang my led from for my new rimless. :)
 
Looking forward to seeing that beautiful Sfiligoi hanging over that awesome tank Sara. Guess I'll have a to wait a couple of days : ).
 
So I'm pretty particular about some things and my light rack paint job was not making me happy. The silver paint color I chose apparently reacted with the clear coat and it came in all bubbly and pitted ... so I sanded them last night and got one side a coat of primer on today. The one black piece they did came in perfect, so I know it was a reaction with the 2 paints :( Hopefully I can have this finished up with painting tomorrow and it can go up on Thursday.

So I heard back from the makers of the light rack that the paint was suppose to be textured as it then hides any imperfections from the welding of the pieces together. Oh well, I'll have a smooth finish on it now I guess. Overall, it's a very heavy duty light rack that I can't wait to get installed!
 
Who made the light rack?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new