Sauced and Confused (Lost Remix)

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the micro bubbles, I run it for 8 hours at night. Have to give it time to stick to the stuff in the tank. If rocks are clean, won’t see much. When doing it, the gyres also ramp way up for a few hours towards the end.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the micro bubbles, I run it for 8 hours at night. Have to give it time to stick to the stuff in the tank. If rocks are clean, won’t see much. When doing it, the gyres also ramp way up for a few hours towards the end.
Dang that's a long time.

Does everyone look Glorious after?

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang that's a long time.

Does everyone look Glorious after?
Nothing really looks different, but I can blow out the rocks and nothing ever comes out anymore. Used to blow out rocks weekly and there was always detritus and other stuff coming out and then after running that nightly, nothing.

I think between that and upping the flow once everything is “asleep” it has made a huge difference. Kinda like a massive wave crash or tide changes clean out real reefs.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing really looks different, but I can blow out the rocks and nothing ever comes out anymore. Used to blow out rocks weekly and there was always detritus and other stuff coming out and then after running that nightly, nothing.

I think between that and upping the flow once everything is “asleep” it has made a huge difference. Kinda like a massive wave crash or tide changes clean out real reefs.
Thx for the recommendation :)

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Once settled, I'm going to build a much higher power cycle in the 2-3am range to get the water pumping while the lps are closed up.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once settled, I'm going to build a much higher power cycle in the 2-3am range to get the water pumping while the lps are closed up.
Do you think this can help with cyano? Even the toughest of it?

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think this can help with cyano? Even the toughest of it?
No clue. Cyano can come in for a multitude of causes. If it is being caused by a low flowing area .. Possibly...¿

My purpose is more for feeding the acropora and cleaning the tank.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this is the purpose of the thread, but I'm coming dangerously close to learning a thing or two about reefing with stuff like this.

No clue. Cyano can come in for a multitude of causes. If it is being caused by a low flowing area .. Possibly...¿

My purpose is more for feeding the acropora and cleaning the tank.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this is the purpose of the thread, but I'm coming dangerously close to learning a thing or two about reefing with stuff like this.
Season 1 Omg GIF by Friends

Run Away GIF

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they made one of All B lite...I would be happy every day when I opened it.

I don't love the crazy IPA trend and don't do dark beers. I usually know what I like and don't stray far, beer wise. I think I'm stuck buying my beer in an 18 like a peasant.

Or go with the backup beer, pay too much, which is also a Committing night at 9.5%

I do feel like they have the best dress skeletons in the game.

PXL_20221222_014147812.jpg

LOL just sold our brewpub with 52 taps :)

You can do much better being in SOCAL :p

Every time we go to California I'm like a kid in a candy store. Should now be able to get Russian River easily. When we were in San Diego last year was in all the Whole Foods. Pliny The Elder, just the classic west coast double IPA. They also do hazies now as well. Not to mention the tons of breweries in San Diego.

Also see if you can get any beer from Equilibrium (might need to be a specialty bottle shop) in New York. They just started distributing in Texas, so I'm sure they're in or coming to California. Some of the best double hazy IPAs I've had, almost as good as the brewery only Treehouse stuff.

Think you guys also get Anchorage Brewing, just amazing stuff, but ~ $35 a four pack for say a triple IPA. Also at specialty places.

Sorry to be a beer snob :p

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL just sold our brewpub with 52 taps :)

You can do much better being in SOCAL :p

Every time we go to California I'm like a kid in a candy store. Should now be able to get Russian River easily. When we were in San Diego last year was in all the Whole Foods. Pliny The Elder, just the classic west coast double IPA. They also do hazies now as well. Not to mention the tons of breweries in San Diego.

Also see if you can get any beer from Equilibrium (might need to be a specialty bottle shop) in New York. They just started distributing in Texas, so I'm sure they're in or coming to California. Some of the best double hazy IPAs I've had, almost as good as the brewery only Treehouse stuff.

Think you guys also get Anchorage Brewing, just amazing stuff, but ~ $35 a four pack for say a triple IPA. Also at specialty places.

Sorry to be a beer snob :p
What's up Nuxx!

Believe me, the issue isn't my inability to Find good beer. CA and the central coast have a massive amount of craft houses. Santa Barbara has over a dozen Good breweries alone and they are within Uber distance.

My issue is not Liking what is generally considered "good beer". I like Some hazys but if you put double or triple in front of the IPA, I'm out.

Firestone, Institution, New Belgium brewing are go to's. I still come back to bud light..

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's up Nuxx!

Believe me, the issue isn't my inability to Find good beer. CA and the central coast have a massive amount of craft houses. Santa Barbara has over a dozen Good breweries alone and they are within Uber distance.

My issue is not Liking what is generally considered "good beer". I like Some hazys but if you put double or triple in front of the IPA, I'm out.

Firestone, Institution, New Belgium brewing are go to's. I still come back to bud light..

Never had Institution...

It's weird, if you get into double/triple IPAs, it's very hard to go back to normal IPAs. Just taste watered down to me.

Should definitely go to Whole Foods and get a bottle of Russian River Pliny The Elder. It was the number one beer in the world for years. Was like unicorn juice here. Remember the first time we went out to visit Eric Cohen in like 2014/15 in Los Angeles I was looking and checking everywhere to find it. Found another Russian River Beer (Damnation, a Belgian) at a bar in Manhattan Beach and the owner told me that they couldn't get any Russian River on tap because they wouldn't let their beer be on tap with big beer beers.

Later in the trip I got a tip that a bar in Santa Monica had it on tap, on an unmarked tap. Needless to say I was beyond excited to get Pliny on tap. Went to Russian River a few years later and bought as much of their beer as they'd allow me to purchase. We were in an RV, so had coolers.

Years later, was shocked to see it available at any nicer beer store of Whole Foods we went to in SOCAL. Still bought it every time I saw it, because well... it would be weird not to...

Attachments

• IMG_20190502_195426_677.jpg
    IMG_20190502_195426_677.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 21
OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never had Institution...

It's weird, if you get into double/triple IPAs, it's very hard to go back to normal IPAs. Just taste watered down to me.

Should definitely go to Whole Foods and get a bottle of Russian River Pliny The Elder. It was the number one beer in the world for years. Was like unicorn juice here. Remember the first time we went out to visit Eric Cohen in like 2014/15 in Los Angeles I was looking and checking everywhere to find it. Found another Russian River Beer (Damnation, a Belgian) at a bar in Manhattan Beach and the owner told me that they couldn't get any Russian River on tap because they wouldn't let their beer be on tap with big beer beers.

Later in the trip I got a tip that a bar in Santa Monica had it on tap, on an unmarked tap. Needless to say I was beyond excited to get Pliny on tap. Went to Russian River a few years later and bought as much of their beer as they'd allow me to purchase. We were in an RV, so had coolers.

Years later, was shocked to see it available at any nicer beer store of Whole Foods we went to in SOCAL. Still bought it every time I saw it, because well... it would be weird not to...
Pliny is a good beer that I've had a few times. Pretty sure BevMo has it here.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never had Institution...

I had it first at GABF in 2016? then a little later at a keg tapping at rolling rock taphouse in Denver. I've found it a few times in liquor stores since, usually tucked in the corner because whoever stocked it either really didn't or really did know what the had.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The trachys are still being ***** and haven't really laid back out since the diatoms receded.

I'll throw them back up when there's something to look at.

You can see in the top down that they are still pouting.
PXL_20221222_013223506.MP.jpg

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The trachys are still being ***** and haven't really laid back out since the diatoms receded.

I'll throw them back up when there's something to look at.

You can see in the top down that they are still pouting.
PXL_20221222_013223506.MP.jpg
The scoly doesn’t look that good either

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 93 41.7%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 112 50.2%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.1%
Back