Saulsa's 40G Breeder

Saulsa

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 16, 2011
Messages
216
Reaction score
5
Location
fresno ca
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I tore down my 150g a few years ago and I've been lacking ever since. So I decided to make a very successful, mature, long-term 40g. I like the dimensions and the flexibility.

I've been into reefing since 2004 and when the bug bit me, it bit me hard.

System:
Lighting: Elos Eclipse II 4-39 T-5
Flow: Eheim 1250 Return, Koralia 2, and Koralia 3
Skimmer: SRO 1000int
Filtration: GFO and Carbon just in a media bag in the filter sock that I change monthly. Filter sock gets changed 2-3 times a week.
Controller: Apex Lite
Dosing: Bubble Magus dosing 2 part and magnesium. I have recently switched to B-Ionic to try and nail down some extra trace elements that I felt was lacking.

This tank is only 4 months old and a few of the sps testers are just starting to color up from my ballast being out for 3 weeks and only running 2 bulbs.

The iPhone pics don't grab the color well..
photo.jpg

Just filled
photo1.jpg

Added some more rock and let it settle.
photo2-1.jpg

3 weeks ago.
photo4.jpg

Last week after adding a little rock.

I plan on upgrading my skimmer to an Avast very soon now. I'm fairly indecisive when it comes to skimmers after owning quite a few over the years from ASM to ATB..
 
thankyou:]

I had a hard time staying minimalistic with the rock. Maybe next time
 
Looks like that sandbed is starting to fill in.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new