Saw this about bubble tip anemones and wanted to know your thoughts?

Will different "morphs" of bubble tip anemones kill each other?

• Yes

Votes: 28 10.9%
  • No

Votes: 94 36.7%
  • Not sure

Votes: 134 52.3%

• Total voters

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's pretty interesting, so is it physical or chemical warfare? I haven't seen any of my btas with their acrorhagi extended, but then again I haven't noticed any issues with aggression between my nems yet.
You won't see it with the nems you have Tim. Once you start dabbling in CC-lineaged nems and Colorado Sunbursts, you'll start seeing what others have seen with mixing them. People mix wilds, rainbows, rose, Sherman, and black widows all day with very little issues... There's plenty of evidence with that. There's also a lot of evidence with people mixing CSBs and them slowly wasting away and dying. It happens enough that it should get anybody's attention who may plan to buy one in the future.

Nobody really knows. My thoughts are bacterial incompatibility but who knows at the end of the day.

cpschult

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost a yellow tipped nem due to this. Had it with a regular pink bta no problem. Added a few other rainbows that a friend has had forever and things went south with just the yellow tip. Anecdotal, but cost me a gorgeous, expensive nem.

Just be wary when mixing! You will see the signs, then remove and start cipro.

Stevenpandas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have one csb, one acid wash, one orange tip, and one black widow. When I first got the csb, I found him next to the black widow the next morning. I got scared and quickly scooped it into a sea shell and its been loving it in there. I found out that each anenome kindof needs it own space, rock or shell or cracks. My clowns barely touches the acid wash, but loves the other three, especially the csb and orange tip. They sleep in the black widow. With the mixing of the mucus between the clowns and anenomes, I feel like my anenomes have gotten use to each other, but doesn’t mean there isn’t chemical warfare

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%

Back