Saxbys ai prime question

Sexytang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75g with 3 ai prime 16hd running saxbys settings buffed up with a little more white what’s a good height above water line for this setting. Mostly softies and a few nems.

OP
OP
Sexytang

Sexytang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved mine way up when I first set this schedule I had the lights like 16” above and everything looked amazing and the mushroom at the bottom of the tank was huge. Is 16” a bad idea

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved mine way up when I first set this schedule I had the lights like 16” above and everything looked amazing and the mushroom at the bottom of the tank was huge. Is 16” a bad idea
What works for your setup and livestock may be different, so no it's not a bad idea. Would be a good idea to rent a par meter and set your lights and spectrum/intensity to a range you want for your particular goals. Then leave them alone!

You could even run them independently and have one of the end ones run with more or less power than the others and create a gradient of light across from one side to the other, not just top to bottom. Getting a par meter though is key IMO when working with LED lights so you know what the PAR is in various points within the tank so you can place corals appropriately.

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How high is to high
When you don't get enough par at the bottom of the tank for the coral you want to keep with the power all the way to max. And Or you are blinded by the light when you look at the tank and a good portion of the light is just missing the tank instead of going down into the tank.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 23.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back