Say Good Bye to the Atman 2500 Pump

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would appear the manufacturer has discontinued the Atman 2500 (which is actually the Via Aqua 2600 pump.) This is the pump found in the Bubble Magus NAC 6 and NAC 7, and the SWC 160 skimmers. Bubble Magus has come up with a new pump (BM SP2000) for the NAC 6 that will not fit into the older skimmers without an upgrade kit.

I haven’t seen anything mentioned about the SWC yet……..and this is the skimmer I have. I’m ticked!

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang Mines been having start issues as of late. Hope thy come up with something!!!

-Alex-

OP
OP
redfishbluefish

redfishbluefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang Mines been having start issues as of late. Hope thy come up with something!!!

-Alex-

I had the same problem when I first got my skimmer (SWC 160 with Atman 2500). I found by simply putting two small nylon washers (found at HD in the drawers in the hardware section), it solved that problem. Put the washers of the front of the impeller, between the impeller and the front plate. I’m guessing, but I think the mesh rubs on the front face plate causing problems with startup. Haven’t had a problem since.

jgraz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul, I was looking on eBay last night noticed that there are quite a few via aqua's for sale. I was thinking about grabbing a few. Also the reef filtration section has a promising upgrade that will be available to switch to a sicce pump.

Last edited:

Small triggers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same problem when I first got my skimmer (SWC 160 with Atman 2500). I found by simply putting two small nylon washers (found at HD in the drawers in the hardware section), it solved that problem. Put the washers of the front of the impeller, between the impeller and the front plate. I’m guessing, but I think the mesh rubs on the front face plate causing problems with startup. Haven’t had a problem since.
How did you get the face off do the pump to get to the mesh and wheel?

OP
OP
redfishbluefish

redfishbluefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turn the locking collar piece 1/8 turn clockwise and take that off.

45c9bef3-90e5-4907-9c73-be5ff5cc7bd0_zps5c873344.jpg

Now try wiggling the pipe-like inlet back and forth while pulling outward. It's held in place by a rubber O-ring.....friction fit.

32d9783a-4825-4c09-9c70-6ae1bd0e2514_zpsfc4b1389.jpg

Small triggers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks...mine for some reason is a bit difficult...
Anyone find a good replacement for it? I love my SWC skimmer, but this pump is driving me crazy!

OP
OP
redfishbluefish

redfishbluefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had heard a while back, through the grape vine, that it was going to be a Sicce pump…that would require current Atman skimmers to have some modifications. But never heard anything else, and now the SWC 150 and 160 (both using the Atman 2500) are listed as “Sold Out” on the SWC site.

Singlefin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh. It's a good skimmer. Not sure if its better to get some backup Atman pumps or just invest in another skimmer. Kinda lame to have to blow into the tube to get the bubbles started every time it shuts off.

Small triggers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this pump dies, I'm jumping to an avast recirculating skimmer...sicce pumps and all...
I figure if I have to spend that much on a replacement pump I'm just going to change out skimmers..I don't know if I feel like a $50replacment of the same point of sale pump would make me feel any better,lol especially if they have had issues after only 6 months and such....being I've only had this skimmer for a year, bought it new and had to pull it out of the sump 5 times now for problems...,

general0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found an image online where someone was able to use the Sicce pumps on the Bubble Magus NAC77 (the model I have) so I would guess that the Sicce pumps would be a great replacement pump for these skimmers. My Atmans are working great so far but I will eventually be upgrading to these once they do need replacing.

Not my picture (hope the owner doesn't mind) but an example of what you can do to swap out to a better pump. I think he is using the PSK-600, I would have though the PSK-1000's would be a direct replacement personally. Would they be too much for this skimmer?
pQCuI0K.jpg

Back