SB Reef Bar vs Reefbrite...the Hobbyist Preference?

Addicted2ACRO's

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Fellow Hobbyists...im looking to add Supplemental lighting to my ATI Sunpower Fixture...which is your preference...the SB Reef Bar or Reefbrite?
Thank you

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I looked around and found more references to the reef brite xho fixture, so that's what I bought to go with my ATI Sunpower fixture.
I got the that matched the length of my fixture.
It comes tomorrow.

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Good link posted by @Water Dog. I have both and honestly do not think that spending the extra money on the ReefBrite gives you necessarily and better results. These days i am using the ReefBrite on my frag tank and it has pretty good coverage. I cannot compare like the guy in the link did, but I'd say save the money and get the sBars and invest the savings in other lighting. Just my $0.02.

The sBars also match better with the ATI fixture.

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent link @Water Dog
Are you limited to Sb reef and reefbrite or you are open to others like orphek and reefbreeders ?
Both reefbreeders and Orphek will customize with the wavelengths you want and are cheaper than

Just ideas - personally I run the tech from reefbrite and simply love the subtle supplement it provides to my halides and T5s.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I contacted Joy at Reefbrite and special ordered my Reefbrite Actinic XHO strip in the silver aluminum housing through Premium Aquatics to match my ATI fixture.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I contacted Joy at Reefbrite and special ordered my Reefbrite Actinic XHO strip in the silver aluminum housing through Premium Aquatics to match my ATI fixture.
I now wish I had done a little more research.
I didn't know that could be done.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems like Reefbrite has discontinued the Tech strips in the aluminum housing, so I’m not sure it can still be done. I special ordered mine last year, no extra charge! :) For anyone interested in seeing if this can still be done, contact Joy at Reefbrite, she’ll get back to you quickly.

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Given the data shown in the mentioned comparison thread, I went with SB Reef Lights. I was looking for that led pop and the royal blue leds on the sBar do a great job of that.

OP
OP
A

Addicted2ACRO's

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent link @Water Dog
Are you limited to Sb reef and reefbrite or you are open to others like orphek and reefbreeders ?
Both reefbreeders and Orphek will customize with the wavelengths you want and are cheaper than

Just ideas - personally I run the tech from reefbrite and simply love the subtle supplement it provides to my halides and T5s.
I don't think Orphek makes a 60" model

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yes ! They don’t but very soon it will be out.

Regards,
Abhishek

About time. People like me including having blood in them to make a 60 inch. Of course this is after I already have a 48 inch version of their purple actinic. Maybe I’ll add the royal blue in the future in 60 inch.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back