Sb reef extreme WiFi 32” or mars

Jamesnorwood860

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was just curious, has anyone ever used this light? How about the cheap mars brand off amazon? Just kind of curious as to the quality of both. I’m sure the sb reef is way better but I’m very new (still setting up the tank) and have bought a ton of stuff lol. Just looking for opinions and experiences. Thanks everyone

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good questions.

They both provide perfectly good light for a reef tank. They both have a pretty full spectrum and they both use 3 watt leds, however, last time I checked, the SB ran them at 2.2 watts each and the Mars only runs them at 1.85 watts each. So the SB is a bit more powerful. As to build quality, they are both good as black box led fixtures. The SB just costs more because it has more control features.

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn’t the SB also have UV and a more visually appealing light spectrum with more cool whites and violets? From what I’ve read none of the cheaper amazon lights have true UV and their white channel is pretty yellow. I’ve been researching them myself and decided on the SB 32” due to the above reasons.

Last edited:

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either Bouncingsoul39 or Ron Reefman able to give a quick summary of your experience with the sb reeflight?

Mine is arriving tomorrow. I have been running two AI Sol Whites over a 3', 65g tank.
Mostly lps, a few softies, a few sticks. I'm concerned about shocking the corals, particularly as they've never seen UV

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 48 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back