Aquavitro Sentia Wifi Problems

g33ky_luke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before I explain, I have reached out to customer support, but am awaiting a response.

I am curious if anyone else has had the issue.

I have been through three primary pumps now. Not because of any physical pump problems, but related to the wifi. I don't remember the situation with the last two pumps, but I assumed they were my fault as I bumped one, and figured it was fragile and this caused the problem.

Tonight, however, after probably 8 months of no issues, I had to change my wifi settings due to a connectivity issue with our phones. This, of course, caused my dose pump to disconnect. So I naturally looked in the manual to check what button to hold while I reconnected the power so I can reconnect it to the new wifi network,

This pump did the same thing as the other two. The wifi light blinks once, and never blinks again. I check on the app to see if it'll still connect, to no avail. So I reset the pump completely, hoping that will work. Again, nothing. This has happened three times! I don't understand what is going wrong. Like I said, I don't remember the whole situation with the last two, but it was related to a network change.

Has anyone had this problem? And do you have any suggestions on how to fix it. Or should I just order a different brand pump at this point?

OP
OP
G

g33ky_luke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the issue was all user error (as expected). The instructions state to hold down the button until you see the wifi light blink, so I did just that. However, you should actually hold them down until it continuously blinks, not just blinks once.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you sorted it out! :) How do you find the Sentia pumps? I have never seen them IRL- or spoke to any who actually uses them They are very pretty - are they any good? :)

I wanted to buy them, ended up with a combination of Neptune, Ecotech and Reef Factory.

Missus still wants them on her tank though..

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
... and welcome to R2R btw! :cool:

OP
OP
G

g33ky_luke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you sorted it out! :) How do you find the Sentia pumps? I have never seen them IRL- or spoke to any who actually uses them They are very pretty - are they any good? :)

I wanted to buy them, ended up with a combination of Neptune, Ecotech and Reef Factory.

Missus still wants them on her tank though..
I bought them at my LFS when I worked there.

Aquavitro is a brand started by Seachem that is only for brick and mortar stores. So there is really no way to get them unless your LFS carries aquavitro brand.

I really like them, besides the wifi issue, which turns out was a user error. I actually have a lot of them. Three main units, and several slave units. I only use one at the moment for my kalkwassar.

If you're ever interested in buying I may be willing to part with a couple.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back