SB Reef sBomb

FishingLovingSons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So compiling equipment for a 75DT with 20L or 40B sump. I was deciding between 2 sBox 16" or 1 Ultra 45" when I ran across the sBomb!
Here
Has anyone used/seen/heard of this light? I have been impressed with reviews of the SB Reef LEDs and was trying to decide between a full length light or 2 smaller to light around center brace. Obviously this is an attempt to pull some sales from the Kessil crowds but can't find much in the way of reviews/spread/etc on this sBomb.

Thanks for any input

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve gotten so few reviews save on the SBreeflight support page on FB. And zero par data, except what I’ve chatted with mike the owner about.

Seems like it’s jusr under half the par out out of a 16bb. So about 350+ par at 12in in the Center beam.

Not certain on the spread really. I’d estimate it would very effectively cover a 13x13 square at 12 in.
Quite likely just a bit les than a 360n

OP
OP
FishingLovingSons

FishingLovingSons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve gotten so few reviews save on the SBreeflight support page on FB. And zero par data, except what I’ve chatted with mike the owner about.

Seems like it’s jusr under half the par out out of a 16bb. So about 350+ par at 12in in the Center beam.

Not certain on the spread really. I’d estimate it would very effectively cover a 13x13 square at 12 in.
Quite likely just a bit les than a 360n

Thanks Salty, figured it would be extremely similar to the 360... would love it if it had the intensity at the stated 24"x24" coverage area. It does say to a depth of 30" so maybe 2 might actually work on a standard 75. Unfortunately I'm not in the financial state with upcoming holidays to be the guinea pig for that test lol

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Salty, figured it would be extremely similar to the 360... would love it if it had the intensity at the stated 24"x24" coverage area. It does say to a depth of 30" so maybe 2 might actually work on a standard 75. Unfortunately I'm not in the financial state with upcoming holidays to be the guinea pig for that test lol
Hahaha. I think it would give the 100par in the sand. But the B.B. version is the safe bet.
I can get 200+ in my 20in cube at 14in.

OP
OP
FishingLovingSons

FishingLovingSons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah trying to avoid too much shadowing as well without having to use supplemental lights. Nice option to help rid shadowing though, $250 for the point source fixture. So now back to pulling straws between the long Ultra or the 2x sBox. Thanks Salty

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back