SBB - Black Friday/Cyber Monday 900 WYSYWG Corals! 80% off $2500 in gift card giveaways!

Zero_Cool

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are clownfish so weird. 9 months in the tank together and now the female chases and bites the male every night a ramp down to the point of breaching the surface of the water. He is now hiding in the upper corner up front as far from her as possible.

Aside from "clowns are dumb" could there be another reason? They don't do this during the day.

Zero_Cool

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Good Morning GIF by joeyahlbum

robanister

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need everybody advice- I am starting to get tired of our website being slow and all and thinking of just going with shopify they also have a good aucton module its the same as TCKs what do you guys think of it? i really like the one we have built from sctrach but we just cant take the updates and the bugs it has and its just been a real pain.

Also i think its just time to use shopify so it never breaks or has issue.

what do you guys think?
Didnt you just spend a bunch of money on servers. Seems like a waste at this point to not get it right.

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are clownfish so weird. 9 months in the tank together and now the female chases and bites the male every night a ramp down to the point of breaching the surface of the water. He is now hiding in the upper corner up front as far from her as possible.

Aside from "clowns are dumb" could there be another reason? They don't do this during the day.
Could be they finally got married. She is now full female and he is full male. I think the new aggression it more of a courtship dance. I suspect you may soon see them start laying eggs if they haven’t already started. Female is insuring her dominance in the relationship.

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If you don’t have a screen over the tank, it may be time to consider one. She may chase him to the point he jumps out.

Zero_Cool

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don’t have a screen over the tank, it may be time to consider one. She may chase him to the point he jumps out.
I believe we have seen eggs in the past but cannot confirm. I wonder if she is wanting a divorce now.

The tank has a canopy and I have screened in the back in preparation for future wrasses. I am worried that over the holiday when we are traveling and need to leave the canopy open that she will chase him out.

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
New thread coming soon. This is going go be one heck of a sale it will basically run from end of year up until January 8th. Stay tuned for details!!!!

Lots of gift cards we r going to end and start the year with a bang!!!!

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe we have seen eggs in the past but cannot confirm. I wonder if she is wanting a divorce now.

The tank has a canopy and I have screened in the back in preparation for future wrasses. I am worried that over the holiday when we are traveling and need to leave the canopy open that she will chase him out.
lol! Never considered the divorce side of the equation. Maybe so. I think every marriage has to have some squabbling now and then.

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frag tank parameters getting very stable. Next week I’ll have my second light hung and I’ll be able to start ramping up the PAR. Looking to get the entire tank to about 450-500 PAR. Should see some good color changes then. Right now the center where the frags are is about 380 PAR. Practice corals all looking happy. I’ve got about 50 frags on racks in the main tank that will move over. After that, look into a dosing system for Alk and Ca.

1703256092627.jpeg

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I need everybody advice- I am starting to get tired of our website being slow and all and thinking of just going with shopify they also have a good aucton module its the same as TCKs what do you guys think of it? i really like the one we have built from sctrach but we just cant take the updates and the bugs it has and its just been a real pain.

Also i think its just time to use shopify so it never breaks or has issue.

what do you guys think?
I think it is a good move. I'm in software as a competitor for Shopify, but I think they are a great product for smaller businesses (and even larger ones for that matter).

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 72 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 67 28.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 50 21.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 47 19.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.8%
Back