***SBB- Spring Sale***- 800 WYSYWG - 200 Auctions! $1, $5 Corals. up to 80% off Starts 5/17/23!!! $1500 In Games and GIfts!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I don’t know if this feeding snail thing is going to last very long. He’s not even looking for food anymore. He just hangs out in the top corner of the tank waiting for daddy to feed him again.
Well my urchin just carries around the nori clip waiting for me to put more in it.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know if this feeding snail thing is going to last very long. He’s not even looking for food anymore. He just hangs out in the top corner of the tank waiting for daddy to feed him again.

1685237873111.gif

wes84

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there an easier way to do this KFC dip than the way they tell you to do it in the instructions? It sounds like they want you to use a 4 gallon tank with a hang on back filter and heater etc. In your experience, Can I do it in a smaller amount of water by cutting the ingredients down? It seems like alot of water to waste to put one small hammer in. If not, can I just stick it in a 5 gallon bucket with a powerhead or something?
I do it this way when im only dipping a couple at a time.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Looks like sand then. I’ll get some of the standard FiJi Pink Live sand. I was also thinking about falling rocks ….
Might go a hair larger on the sand if this is an acro tank. That size tank and you'll have it blowing everywhere with your Nero turned up to keep the acros happy.

Digitalfirex

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is there an easier way to do this KFC dip than the way they tell you to do it in the instructions? It sounds like they want you to use a 4 gallon tank with a hang on back filter and heater etc. In your experience, Can I do it in a smaller amount of water by cutting the ingredients down? It seems like alot of water to waste to put one small hammer in. If not, can I just stick it in a 5 gallon bucket with a powerhead or something?
I would have answered faster if you tagged me...

Yes, I do 2 gallon dip since I have a small 3 gallon tank from petco. I use a small heater and sponge filter too. 2 gallons works great imo since I half the dose of ingredients. I also make 4 gallons of fresh salt water. 2 to replace the 2 I take out to put in the hospital tank... 1 gallon of old water to do the h2o2 wash and another gallon for the h202 wash after. I use gallon Tupperware containers for that.

woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have answered faster if you tagged me...

Yes, I do 2 gallon dip since I have a small 3 gallon tank from petco. I use a small heater and sponge filter too. 2 gallons works great imo since I half the dose of ingredients. I also make 4 gallons of fresh salt water. 2 to replace the 2 I take out to put in the hospital tank... 1 gallon of old water to do the h2o2 wash and another gallon for the h202 wash after. I use gallon Tupperware containers for that.
Whoops didn’t know I should’ve tagged you :) okay thanks! I’m going to probably do about 2 gallons then.

Digitalfirex

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Whoops didn’t know I should’ve tagged you :) okay thanks! I’m going to probably do about 2 gallons then.
Well I posted the instructions and suggested the KFC dip in the first place, it would have made sense lol

I ordered on chewy .Com cipro and amoxicilin... sign up to chewy and don't order anything. In about a week you get a mailer with a coupon for your first order :)

You need brightwell restore and chemiclean, lugols aswell. Let me look up the instructions....

Screenshot_20230102_000905_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230102_000845_Chrome.jpg

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Marathon day of reef maintenance. Mounted a ton of things to large frag plates, cleaned a ton, F'd some aiptasia, picked up a plate coral and a bowerbanki, did a water change, cleaned the skimmer all the way down the neck, cleaned the frag tank. It's been busy.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back