***SBB- Spring Sale***- 800 WYSYWG - 200 Auctions! $1, $5 Corals. up to 80% off Starts 5/17/23!!! $1500 In Games and GIfts!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tea Reaction GIF by CBS

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
@Not woodyarmadillo I'd set it up like this.
P_20230530_213110.jpg

Put the Nero on the outside opposite your return. Put it about a third of the day down and angle it up and to the side. They don't have great angles, but you can do some.

I know it's not as appealing for a peninsula, but let's use this as a check on appropriate flow for the acros. If they die anyways, your tank might be too young.

As for the acros on the frag racks, you have 9 coming and the rack holds eight. I'd put all of the except the red dragon on the frag rack. The red dragon should be easier, so just throw it on the rocks. For the acros, put the larger branch ones on the second row in from the flow, small nubs on the outside so they don't restrict flow, but big collonies still need a bit.

Here is a video of my Nero 3 and then the frag rack on the back of my overflow in relation to it and then you can see the return nozzles pointing directly at the frag rack on the front of the tank. Also showing some Polyp extension.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
P_20230530_213110.jpg

Put the Nero on the outside opposite your return. Put it about a third of the day down and angle it up and to the side. They don't have great angles, but you can do some.

I know it's not as appealing for a peninsula, but let's use this as a check on appropriate flow for the acros. If they die anyways, your tank might be too young.

As for the acros on the frag racks, you have 9 coming and the rack holds eight. I'd put all of the except the red dragon on the frag rack. The red dragon should be easier, so just throw it on the rocks. For the acros, put the larger branch ones on the second row in from the flow, small nubs on the outside so they don't restrict flow, but big collonies still need a bit.

Here is a video of my Nero 3 and then the frag rack on the back of my overflow in relation to it and then you can see the return nozzles pointing directly at the frag rack on the front of the tank. Also showing some Polyp extension.
Taking a second look at your order of acros, I'd just put the milli in the center, they are the easiest acros and put the tenuis and speciosa in the most flow areas.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
@ryshark , so looks like you got the future release yellow tenuis. I know @billyocean grabbed the one on auction and I grabbed one. Who grabbed the other ones? Can I assume if you bought a Space Ghost you got that one too?

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ryshark , so looks like you got the future release yellow tenuis. I know @billyocean grabbed the one on auction and I grabbed one. Who grabbed the other ones? Can I assume if you bought a Space Ghost you got that one too?
I did get the yellow tenuis with blue tips, future release. I'm glad that both you and BillyOcean also got the yellow tenuis, I think its going to keep developing colors. Lets keep pics updated.

No Space Ghost. We were out with friends when the auction ended and I didn't see what the Space Ghost ended up selling for.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did get the yellow tenuis with blue tips, future release. I'm glad that both you and BillyOcean also got the yellow tenuis, I think its going to keep developing colors. Lets keep pics updated.

No Space Ghost. We were out with friends when the auction ended and I didn't see what the Space Ghost ended up selling for.
I think it went for 240ish

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the shipping notification for all the main parts of the new tank. @billyocean it was too late to stop the light from shipping from BRS. I might just save it for BioCube if/when I reconvert it back to salt. Still up in the air about that. Probably will send it back or sell it for a slight loss. Also just purchased a nano LifeRock package at BRS. Still seeding with several liverock chunks from the main display. Did pick up 2 frag racks as well. Going for a more streamlined look so I got standard black plastic.

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
that new yellow Tenuis is insane i think it will be one of the Nicest acro we have seen in a while and i cant wait to see how you guys grow it out.

Here is a pic of the colonie next post we need to pull it up and take a better picture/ video of it we will do this today

it is a varient of fruitloops but seems brighter i think it will turn out nicer over time

woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
P_20230530_213110.jpg

Okay thanks! I will give this a shot and I’ll also send a video next Wednesday or Thursday showing the flow they are getting to see what you think.

woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any ideas for in-tank cable management for Nero 3 running on outside of penninsula? Cable is in tank. Idea is to go straight up and around the top of the rim with maybe magnets and loops or suction cup holders?

Thuan

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi everyone. How much is an indo gold torch worth. I'm considering it, but want to see what price is good

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 146 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back