***SBB- Spring Sale***- 800 WYSYWG - 200 Auctions! $1, $5 Corals. up to 80% off Starts 5/17/23!!! $1500 In Games and GIfts!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Rennurdoar

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Wishing you a speedy recovery and be careful next time

Thanks, I definitely won't make the same mistake twice. Pain is a great learning factor! Definitely one of the most painful things I've experienced.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
@Kasrift or anyone really. Sorry YouTube makes video look even worse but a short clip of the flow I’ve had on my Tenuis. Thoughts?

Also I just kicked up a bunch of sand playing in diatoms/Dino’s sorry

That flow looks good for a tenuis. What does everyone else think.

woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I definitely won't make the same mistake twice. Pain is a great learning factor! Definitely one of the most painful things I've experienced.
Wow man glad you’re okay, And you’ve already got a positive mentality about it. Thanks for reminding us, we all do stuff like that from time to time.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My kid is famous for saying "but I didn't kill me last time either..."

Glad you're ok! Hopefully the pain subsides quickly and a speedy recovery happens.

woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That flow looks good for a tenuis. What does everyone else think.
Thanks. Yeah I’m still going to put the new stuff on the frag rack and give them their own powerhead. They’ll get a little more par that way too. I really like how the rest of my coral are recovering in the lower par levels so I think I’m going to stick close to it for awhile. I don’t really think it’s alk swings. I’d say everything has seemed to stay pretty stable. I even seem to keep my salinity right around 1.026-1.0265 all the time. Could just be young Tank I guess. I may try doing smaller WC twice a week instead of about 20% once a week. Oh and I need to get an ICP test

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ughh.... So been at the er last three hours. Waiting to be transferred to the burn unit... Our grill decided it didn't like me anymore, and spit a huge fireball all over me, made me back flip into the pool.

Luckily looks like only second degree burns. Burnt half my beard and eyebrows off though.

It was all my fault for trying to just light it through the side door instead of opening the lid. I was sitting right in front of the door. That with probably to much lighter fluid... It's what happens when you're not paying attention 100% and get complacent.

Don't be a dummy like me, I got lucky I'm not burned up worse.

Season 1 Dummy GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
Dude....glad you're okay! Sounds like a crazy experience from what you said..no need to grill you about it.

Ben549

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ever use the 3/4 barb plugs to mount coral frags to rock. My friend is using it in his tank. He just glue the fitting down and put the acros in. If he has to frag or dip, he just remove it from the rocks in seconds. I'm going to give this a try. a pack of 10 is like $12 bucks at HD
1685645672649.png
IMG_20230601_125605.jpg
i use the mauis reef plugs. they are really a useful improvement on frag plugs.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ughh.... So been at the er last three hours. Waiting to be transferred to the burn unit... Our grill decided it didn't like me anymore, and spit a huge fireball all over me, made me back flip into the pool.

Luckily looks like only second degree burns. Burnt half my beard and eyebrows off though.

It was all my fault for trying to just light it through the side door instead of opening the lid. I was sitting right in front of the door. That with probably to much lighter fluid... It's what happens when you're not paying attention 100% and get complacent.

Oh wow. Sorry to hear that. I hope you heal up fast. Sending healing prayers your way!

Rennurdoar

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ehh..sure Ren could use a laugh...grate grill jokes are rare if well done. In all seriousness glad you're alright budro!!

Definitely have to keep humor in all situations. Otherwise you just won't make it out of this game of life alive! Haha

And thanks everyone, just wanted to let my miscalculation be a reminder for everyone. :)

On a better note, I didn't see our green filefish nipping anymore throughout the day! Hopefully he'll stay away from the SPS.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

Lucky there was a pool behind you. Wishing you a speedy recovery. If it's not one thing it is the next, life throws lots of curve balls even outside of reefing.

Rennurdoar

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Lucky there was a pool behind you. Wishing you a speedy recovery. If it's not one thing it is the next, life throws lots of curve balls even outside of reefing.

That is definitely does. But as long as it stops throwing it towards the reef and lets our SPS thrive, I'll be happy haha.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
On a better note, I didn't see our green filefish nipping anymore throughout the day! Hopefully he'll stay away from the SPS.
Did he ever take polyps or just test it? I've seen fish go up and tap corals but never actually grab a polyp or anything. Same with my Emerald Crabs.

Rennurdoar

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Did he ever take polyps or just test it? I've seen fish go up and tap corals but never actually grab a polyp or anything. Same with my Emerald Crabs.

Yeah just look like he was testing them. I saw him nip at each one only once, only saw hit nip 4 of them though. So maybe that was enough to make him realize they're not food.

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Ramp ups and downs are for us to see..coral doesn't care. Although ypu could alter on off times of everyrhing
This is what I do, my bar comes on at sunrise and off at sunset, it gives me more time to view things. I definitely see things start waking up before my other lights kick in.

Tim gets up with it too, but still goes to bed 15-20 minutes before my mains shut off. He's definitely an early to bed wrasse.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 186 72.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 48 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back