***SBB- Spring Sale***- 800 WYSYWG - 200 Auctions! $1, $5 Corals. up to 80% off Starts 5/17/23!!! $1500 In Games and GIfts!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same but salifert alk. Probably getting Hannah alk. Also using salifert for PH. Thinking about grabbing Milwaukee ph monitor but havent ruled out apex system yet and someone want to waste money.
I love the Hanna ALK the most. It's quick, easy (no foil packets) and no guessing.

I used to have the best apex on the market at that time with PH. I got out of the hobby for awhile and then sold it and when I got back in I had to buy everything from scratch and got the cheaper Apex Jr. Now I wish I had the PH capable APEX... that's the way to go.

woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the Hanna ALK the most. It's quick, easy (no foil packets) and no guessing.

I used to have the best apex on the market at that time with PH. I got out of the hobby for awhile and then sold it and when I got back in I had to buy everything from scratch and got the cheaper Apex Jr. Now I wish I had the PH capable APEX... that's the way to go.
Oh I didn’t know the Hannah alk was easier than the other ones. That sells it.

I thought all the Apex Jrs had PH Probes? That would really be the only reason I’d be getting one right now, because everything else Is already automated through different things. Don’t know if it’s worth it, but I would probably grab a trident for sure too eventually.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
New corals are in the tank. They took the long way around but most of them seem to have survived the adventure. I'm a bit worried about the Jungle Juice as it looks very pale though.
How are the corals going and need any additional help with triaging anything in your tank?

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
can we all get a gc?
Taco Oprah GIF

Rennurdoar

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ya'll are on the right subject for my next question. How much of everything does everyone dose each day, and on what tank size? Just wanting to see all the differences. I know every tank is different, but it'll be interesting to see.

I'm dosing our 110g system (90g dt and 20g Sump) with about:

Alk: 10ml/day
Cal: as tested
Mag: as tested
Iodine+: 1ml/week I think just starting
Iron+: not sure
Potassium+: not sure
Bioactive elements: not sure
Nionitro: 10ml/day

All are red sea products also. Just wanting to see how much everyone uses. See if maybe there's a way to get a rough estimate on what should be dosed daily.

Oh, and good morning you beautiful people!

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Torches and Spawn happy this morning . The bumps I made to the flow seem to be appreciated. And Gonis lookin good as well. My Care Bear Goni was in a funk but seems to be coming out of it now.
D3B1CF8F-3F10-434B-A80E-9DC02915B938.jpeg
8DFB342B-8490-4ACE-9FBE-7CE547B7662B.jpeg
188C8928-48DD-4083-8D03-B52F46FB39F2.jpeg

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ya'll are on the right subject for my next question. How much of everything does everyone dose each day, and on what tank size? Just wanting to see all the differences. I know every tank is different, but it'll be interesting to see.

I'm dosing our 110g system (90g dt and 20g Sump) with about:

Alk: 10ml/day
Cal: as tested
Mag: as tested
Iodine+: 1ml/week I think just starting
Iron+: not sure
Potassium+: not sure
Bioactive elements: not sure
Nionitro: 10ml/day

All are red sea products also. Just wanting to see how much everyone uses. See if maybe there's a way to get a rough estimate on what should be dosed daily.

Oh, and good morning you beautiful people!
I keep it simple.

1. 17 ml of All for Reef a day spread through 24 hours hourly.
  2. 5 ml or 10, just depends on if I skip a day of Neo Nitro manually.
  3. Every 3-4 days, 10 ml of magnesium to keep that up.
  4. Manually dose about 4 oz of phyto daily, twice a day.

Feeding wise, I dose an amino acid daily, but rotate it. My day to day is Aquavitro Fuel, every three days I do Acropower to boost my phosphates. Occasionally I'll use Brightwell Restore when I'm direct feeding corals, I'll use that to be the liquid to mix with Reef Roids, Benepets, etc. I used to dose Red Sea AB+, but Fuel has iodine in it, so I don't dose that separate.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeesh..125 with 30ish? Gallon sump..probably about 110 gallons of actual water volume. Kamoer dosers dose 12 times a day over a 24 hour period.

32ml day of phosphate..was about 42ml of neophos a day but now using diy loudwolf trisodium phosphate at 32 ml.

Red sea calcium 28 ml per day

Red sea alk 59ml per day..will be switching to a diy after this runs out

Usually hand dose 30 ml of nitrate every few days..it stays pretty constant

Potassium hand dose potassion about 30 ml every few days and 4 ml of kz k strong in between every couple days

20 ml kz colors 1234 once a week

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.7%

Back