***SBB- Spring Sale***- 800 WYSYWG - 200 Auctions! $1, $5 Corals. up to 80% off Starts 5/17/23!!! $1500 In Games and GIfts!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So many people think acropower, reef roids, and or ab+ is needed to have successful corals. The only thing I can say it did for sure for me was more algae. Spot feeding reef roids every now and then isn't a bad idea but just gave away a brand new liter and what was left of one of acropower. What are yalls feelings on those?
Roofs, phyto, power, etc did nothing but give me algae outbreaks. Saw no better growth or colors. More consistent water change and element replacement has been the secret to success for me!

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So many people think acropower, reef roids, and or ab+ is needed to have successful corals. The only thing I can say it did for sure for me was more algae. Spot feeding reef roids every now and then isn't a bad idea but just gave away a brand new liter and what was left of one of acropower. What are yalls feelings on those?
I think they help, but again I think tank size and consumption matter more. It's easy to overdose and if you have tangs or large fish adding "nutrients" then you are more than likely covered. Amino acids from what I've read are good if you run a ULN system.

If I didn't dose these, everything I had would have died since I ran a zero/zero testable system before I started adding NeoNitro around the time of the Christmas sale.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Catch me outside
Come At Me Bro How Bow Dat GIF

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back