mr70ss

mr70ss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates?

Things are about the same, but I am still battling with some dino's.. I'm going to kick off another week or 2 of dino treatment in the upcoming months. I did start up bubble scrubbing again an hour after lights off and it has helped but they are still present. On a good note my hammer and frog spawn are ready to be fragged. So they have been growing great. I did pull the gfo and carbon reactors until I get rid of the dinos, but still running the UV. I'll try and get some pics posted soon.

JacobJNY320

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking of this tank but am on a bit of a budget. How much do you think you've spent on this tank and do you think I can start a tank build like this for about $1 300 CAD???

OP
OP
mr70ss

mr70ss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking of this tank but am on a bit of a budget. How much do you think you've spent on this tank and do you think I can start a tank build like this for about $1 300 CAD???

Thats a tough question.. if i had to guess i would say a i'm over 2k into this setup. But there are many areas you could save some money. Mainly the tank controler and accessories. But i can say that now that i have had a tank with a controler, i will never run a tank again without one. To be honest i would delay your setup date and keep buying componets as money allows. Maybe someone else can chime in on this..

I also got some more tank shots and will post them tonight.

OP
OP
mr70ss

mr70ss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some pics as promised.

20191117_131806.jpg 20191117_131817.jpg 20191117_131830.jpg 20191117_131842.jpg 20191117_131938.jpg

JacobJNY320

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats a tough question.. if i had to guess i would say a i'm over 2k into this setup. But there are many areas you could save some money. Mainly the tank controler and accessories. But i can say that now that i have had a tank with a controler, i will never run a tank again without one. To be honest i would delay your setup date and keep buying componets as money allows. Maybe someone else can chime in on this..

I also got some more tank shots and will post them tonight.
I would 100% agree with this.

Ok thank you............... I shall continue my search

Benray4fun

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I stopped by my LFS, and came home with a pair of fire fish...

1zyzsk8.jpg

They were pretty scared of their new environment, but quickly found a safe place to hide out for a bit.

2egehba.jpg

After a couple of hours they got brave and decided to check out their new home..

2ewm6u8.jpg

Someone else seems pretty excited about our new hobby as well...

1432agm.jpg

On a hardware note, I decided to finally swap out that green 1" return tube. I hard plumbed it 95%, and used about 8" silicone tubing. I think it looks much better. I also got my fuge light (JBJ Nano GLO) installed. I'm going fill the fuge with live rock and chaeto.

9j40fd.jpg

More to come...
Clean install, very nice...

pfoxgrover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks awesome. Be extra careful for them jumping out when you have the screen off for just a minute or any gaps that they can get through, they will.

kdreverman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank. For the sump, I pulled the center divider out and run it backwards. It gave me more room to put a reactor and more water volume. I switched out the return pump for a Jebao DC. That pump drove me crazy with the vibration noise. The skimmer works good enough, but I'm a believer of not over skimming the tank.
Do you have pictures of this?

Eggyoke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a light. Need some chaeto. I’m not sure if I’ll start the refugium because my nitrates and phosphates stay pretty low.

Attachments

• C869A13B-0C13-41EE-8B83-C737E8FA3E2C.jpeg
    C869A13B-0C13-41EE-8B83-C737E8FA3E2C.jpeg
    153.1 KB · Views: 90

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
50 cube still running.
I have it setup in my home office, next to my desk.
Really unhappy with the aquascape!!
I was dumb and in a hurry so I just stacked rocks and set them in there, zero glue.
It's all waiting to just fall down on my wrasse.
Going to make a really cool negative space aquascape soon.
Currently no corals, 4 fish only.
2 clowns a Valentini Puffer and Carpenter Flasher Wrasse.
No complaints with the tank or stand!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back