• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

SCAM!!??!!?

Methodzx860

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i posted a WTB recently for a Nero 3 and was pmd by @BigEddie saying he had a lead. Supposedly [email protected] had one he was selling. Suspicious from the start i emailed Timothy inquired on the sale and got a response. I asked for a picture signed and dated with the Nero 3 . He sent one back but i did a little digging and found the exact same pic here on a post that dates back to 2021 heres the link :

https://www.reef2reef.com/classifieds/nero-3-brand-new-in-box-150-shipped.1280/

So i replied to Timothy asking why this was his excuse was that a "partner posted it previously and marked it sold but the buyer never came through "

He said he would only do Zelle or Paypal friends and family. His Zelle info being [email protected]

I asked why the diffeent email and name . His reply was that hes a bit old fashioned and not tech savvy when it comes to app/payments etc so he uses his partners info.

What do you guys think ? Im not the smartest guy buttttttttt.... heres some pics

OP
OP
M

Methodzx860

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_20220211-171010_Outlook.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220211-171014_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220211-171014_Outlook.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 72
  • Screenshot_20220211-171020_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220211-171020_Outlook.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 56

Tom nhia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's definitely a scam, the only time I would use zelle and paypal friends and family is if I pick up in person and pay in person, not ahead of time. Also different emails is 100% red flag for scam

OP
OP
M

Methodzx860

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's definitely a scam, the only time I would use zelle and paypal friends and family is if I pick up in person and pay in person, not ahead of time. Also different emails is 100% red flag for scam
lol these guys suck at what they do

Drendo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few of us here in R2R got scammed by a “known member” on a Tridebt a couple of years ago. A family member got ahold of his profile and scammed us using PayPal friends and family. Long story short, we all received our money back, but I will never use friends and family unless it is literally friends and family?

Reeferjunkie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds too good to be true it definitely is a scam if I was a betting man and neros are hot right now barely can find any.

OP
OP
M

Methodzx860

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds too good to be true it definitely is a scam if I was a betting man and neros are hot right now barely can find any.
i got one recently brand new for 125 lol i give benefit of a doubt until proven otherwise lol i just wanted this guy to slowly expose himself so i could post the foolishness

Falreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just buy off Amazon. Could also get a Jebao MLW the size you want

Ryan Kraft

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few of us here in R2R got scammed by a “known member” on a Tridebt a couple of years ago. A family member got ahold of his profile and scammed us using PayPal friends and family. Long story short, we all received our money back, but I will never use friends and family unless it is literally friends and family?
How were you able to get your money back? PayPal's not willing to help me at all with this same issue

Drendo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How were you able to get your money back? PayPal's not willing to help me at all with this same issue
After pressure from the police and members here, the “seller” returned the money. PayPal won’t do anything for you.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back