Scape redo and dead rock

Unheardreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 21, 2019
Messages
39
Reaction score
34
Location
Carson
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!
Long story short I had to pull all my livestock from my tank because of termite fumigation. In doing so, I completely TRASHED my rock scape. I decided to redo my scape and glue together a new scape piece.
The plan is to leave as much live rock on one side in a pile so I don’t have too crazy of a mini cycle. It’s a 5 ft tank so I’m thinking doing it in 3 sections or so.

my question is how long do you think the new rock would seed before I can pull out the live rock and switch it?
 
Howdy,
I would move your existing live rock into the sump, or place behind / at the base of your new structure...no need to get rid of it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new