Scarus quoyi with clams.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reef Dork
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reef Dork

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 13, 2017
Messages
297
Reaction score
462
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

Has anyone kept the above together? From what I've read, they may eat clams but I'm wondering if anyone has actual experience...

:)

Cheers, Alex.
 
Never experienced or kept that fish but I wouldn't risk it. As big as that fish gets, even eating algae off the tridacna's shell could cause issues. It would most likely break the shell with minimal effort.
 
Never experienced or kept that fish but I wouldn't risk it. As big as that fish gets, even eating algae off the tridacna's shell could cause issues. It would most likely break the shell with minimal effort.
Hmmm. Can someone just tell me what I want to hear please?! :p
 
Hmmm. Can someone just tell me what I want to hear please?! :p
Oh you mean the quoyi parrot fish, the one that stays at around 3" and only eats pellets. In that case your good to go;Hilarious;Hilarious
 
They are pretty well behaved for a parrot, but they are still parrots. Even if they are reef safe, they are not really all that reef friendly requiring a tremendous amount of food.
 
In my LFS today...
20190209_122236.jpg
 
I have kept one but not with a clam. They are as reef safe as a tang in regard to corals, shrimp, crabs but I don't know about clams. I will say, mine frequently ate off of my fingers and the tangs exerted more force than he did. He cleaned the algae off of all my conchs without harming them but that doesn't necessarily equate to clams.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new