OP
SchnitzelReef

SchnitzelReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some new acros. Age of aquarium banshee, And a couple others that have some great potential.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402465615.959778.jpg

This is from kitchen lighting, just wanted to post their size. AoA cuts really nice size frags, and they are really healthy. All three had good polyp extension within a few hours.

Got my calcium reactor all hooked up. I finally got enough SPS to need it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402465786.924029.jpg

And my bubble king is kickin butt!!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402465814.426171.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Man that's some good skimming!

OP
OP
SchnitzelReef

SchnitzelReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that's some good skimming!

Thanks. Ya I was a little bummed because it took a solid 6 weeks for the skimmer to break in. The whole 6 weeks I was ******* and moaning, then one day BOOM, skimmate for days. Plus the skimmer is only using 36w. I think that's pretty good for a 300+g rated skimmer.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's a lot of nog! LOL!

OP
OP
SchnitzelReef

SchnitzelReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a lot of nog! LOL!

Ya it's pretty nasty. Bubble king def impressed me!

Update on my tank:
It was a rough weekend. Lost 4 fish to ich. One of them was my powder blue. :(
Also lost potters angel, flame angel,and yellow tang. My stupid blue tang always seems to get it every year. My pbt was ich free since the day I got him 1.5 years ago. Such a bummer.

On a more positive note, my SPS are all doing great!

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, I use an avast cs3, but my only experience with a large skimmer is just that. I get a nice layer of poo in the neck, but not as much in the collection cup, probably because I skim dry. Also the cup on yours seems taller than wider, which probably helps increase contact time, I would guess.

OP
OP
SchnitzelReef

SchnitzelReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad update :/
Unfortunately I had a horrible case of ich. It was brought on from my stressed out blue tang, but my powder blue made it 10x worse when he got a bad case that wouldn't go away. Ended up losing 2 of my 4 yellows, potters angel, flame angel, powder blue, cardinal I've had for 2+ years, and a Wyoming white clown. :/ pretty bummed, but tank and coral are doing great. Got some nasty hair algae, I need to hook up my reactor and run some gfo. I feed a lot of pellets, and I know my phosphates creep up quickly with out running gfo.

All my acros are coloring up really nice, and seems like every day things are improving. My calcium reactor is running like a clock, always hovers around 6.4-6.5 ph. Waiting on a local reefer buddy to bring over his saw so I can cut some frags from my frag tank. So far I've only lost one acro, and it was a red dragon. It was before my calcium reactor was hooked up, and I don't think it liked the small fluctuations.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404780103.275791.jpg

Only bummer about starting off with all frags, u can't even see the 22 frags I have spread out throughout the tank. They are all encrusting and should start taking off here in the next couple months. Idk if it's the LEDs or what, but whenever I add new acros to my tank they always seems to take awhile to acclimate to the lights.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SchnitzelReef

SchnitzelReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FINALLY tested the new tank.

Calcium- 380
alk -6.1 (YIKES)
Mag- 1150

Gunna bump up the effluent and bubble coubt, and dose some alk and mag. Gunna re test everyday through the weekend. See what happens

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's pretty impressive. I can't get a reading that wouldnt be at least 3 pages off from the included ULR booklet. It's more of a "Humbling Checker," although in your case it looks like you've got it nailed. I would definitly slowly swing that alk back up a few points, sounds like you've got it worked out.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 126 42.6%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 103 34.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 47 15.9%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.7%
Back