OP
SchnitzelReef

SchnitzelReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that orange passion the rrusa/rrcanada/sexy corals lineage or the rr asia lineage? I'm looking for one but it's hard to keep the different lineages in order. How do you like the event horizon milli? I'm hoping I can find it from aoa at max next weekend

Technically none of them. But I'm pretty sure the guy got this from Tony at RR USA. I've had this piece for almost 4 years.

Man you have one great looking tank. You also have lots of goodies in there. I can't wait to see them grow out. I visit some family in Corona from time to time. What LFS are out there may I ask?

No fish stores in the IE I would recommend. Coral gazers or age of aquariums are the only stores I usually go to.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is looking good! :)

OP
OP
SchnitzelReef

SchnitzelReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple pics of some SPS that are looking better and better as each day passes.

Shades of Fall

AoA Chemical Warfare

AoA event horizon milli

Greg Carrols Ultimate Efflo

Cali tort or Miyagi Tort

Tyree Blue Matrix

AoA Banshee

Schnitzels Blueberry Field

Vivids Rainbow Delight

Rommels Watermelon Milli

OP
OP
SchnitzelReef

SchnitzelReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
schnitz, your corals look great. Nice, nice work
Thanks a lot Mark.
Had about 6 months of very little growth, and extremely pale acros. Turns out my tank didn't like zero nitrates. I started dosing potassium nitrate, and got my nitrates up to a detectable level...BOOM. Things started instantly looking better. Here I am chasing zero nitrates, doing massive water changes, and the whole time all I needed was some dirty water.

I'm excited to see how things improve over the next couple months.

GoReef165

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BALLER status. Nice stuff Schnitz. Looking even better in person. Glad you got the new lights too. I think it's going to make a huge difference for you.

Bigfish93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been following your system for a while now and love how it's turning out! Question about your beananimal setup...do you have any problems when you turn the return pump off, then turn it back on and the siphon does not start up? That's the problem I'm having with my system and am not sure why it's doing that. Any info would be appreciated!

OP
OP
SchnitzelReef

SchnitzelReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been following your system for a while now and love how it's turning out! Question about your beananimal setup...do you have any problems when you turn the return pump off, then turn it back on and the siphon does not start up? That's the problem I'm having with my system and am not sure why it's doing that. Any info would be appreciated!

Sometimes when the pump gets shut down I might have to make some adjustments to the gate valve, but not normally. How long are you waiting? It does take some time to start the siphon. Like I'm talking 5-10 minutes. What valve are you using to control the siphon?

Bigfish93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even if I wait a few minutes to turn the pump back on, the siphon will not start back up and it will continually make a burping sound. IM using a gatevalve. One suggestion someone made was that my return lines into the sump may be to deep in the water. Here is a link to my build: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/bigfish93s-193-build-journey.132741/
Would you mind checking out my plumbing and let me know if you see anything that doesn't look right?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yay for an update! The tank looks like it's really filling in! Any front shots? :)

Tank is doing really good. Corals are really starting to take off, and color keeps getting better and better.

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang look at that color! Just browsed this build and its full of great info. I'm hoping my 100g starts to mellow out here with all the algae that's going on, and start looking like this. Well done, love those dims.

OP
OP
SchnitzelReef

SchnitzelReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pulled out the Canon T3i and snapped some pics this morning. Been awhile since I've been this happy with my corals. Colors are looking vibrant, and growth has been awesome.

Megamind

Schnitzel's no name

Cornbread maleficient

Rommels watermelon

ORA Pearlberry

OP
OP
SchnitzelReef

SchnitzelReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish this guy would start growing. Hard to capture real Colors

Jarred's tri color prostrata

Schnitzel's blueberry fields

AoA Banshee

Tierra De Fuego

Pink lemonade

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back