School me on RODI

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

So I’m in a bit of a connundrum. When I bought my tank a few months ago, it came with this RODI system - https://spectrapure.com/collections/water-systems/products/maxpure-mpdi-90-gpd-rodi-system-mpdi-90

My issue is it came with nobinstructions and I have never used a RODI system before.

I have it connected to a spare washer hook up. But I have no clue what this thing is. I’ve tried googling but apparently I can’t search correctly.

I regularly see people saying change this filter or that membrane or whatever, but I have no clue what those even are. Is anyone able to label the parts for me as to which is what?

Also, I’m assuming I need new filters (most have some form of brown in them and all around…no clue when last changed)

Also is there an easy way to disconnect the hoses? It seems once they are connected they are impossible to get off.

I’m also not sure the inline TDS meter is working correctly as apparently my tap water is 0 (assuming I have it set up correctly)…just need to get a née TDS meter I think? I don’t have the output connected

Also since the filter is after the metal connection, I’m assuming this okay to have it connected to the metal washer connection?

here’s my current set up

E0BB7170-76AF-4C4A-99D2-BFAAA8E686DA.jpeg
988CDC2A-171B-4632-A8E4-6B117CEB2D5A.jpeg
8AFD6C1E-1494-4C8A-8EAF-8257DDF27AE3.jpeg

fachatga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can google for the manual. I have a spectrapure and it came with a booklet. I’d assume it would answer your questions. It’s online.

OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry didn’t get a good pic of the TDS it’s sitting on the back behind the RODI very top in the middle in the middle pic

OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it’s reading 0 when I turn on the water to make water, looks like first reading is just before the water goes through the DI membrane, so that may be accurate then if my water is low TDS?
image.jpg

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it’s reading 0 when I turn on the water to make water, looks like first reading is just before the water goes through the DI membrane, so that may be accurate then if my water is low TDS?
image.jpg
Yea, Thats cool mine is always around 4 with a tds of around 200

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 21.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 21.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back