- Joined
- Aug 29, 2026
- Messages
- 149
- Reaction score
- 118
- What state or country do you live in
- Minnesota
I'm new at this. Tank is doing well at 7 weeks. Minimal uglies! Thank you Gulf Live rock.
It's a mixed reef. Couple zoas, Duncan's, green leather and clover polyps.
Today I put in a toadstool.
Its about 5" from the nearest coral.
My questions are:
1. Do toadstools constantly release some level of toxins?
2. What triggers a larger release of toxins that will wipe out other corals? Does the damage show up immediately or is it over time?
3. Should I be running something from day one like GAC?
4. I like the idea of Polyfilter as I can cut it into small squares and a sheet will last me awhile in my 25gal AIO.
Will polyfilter remove the toxins?
Thanks in advance, look forward to responses.
It's a mixed reef. Couple zoas, Duncan's, green leather and clover polyps.
Today I put in a toadstool.
Its about 5" from the nearest coral.
My questions are:
1. Do toadstools constantly release some level of toxins?
2. What triggers a larger release of toxins that will wipe out other corals? Does the damage show up immediately or is it over time?
3. Should I be running something from day one like GAC?
4. I like the idea of Polyfilter as I can cut it into small squares and a sheet will last me awhile in my 25gal AIO.
Will polyfilter remove the toxins?
Thanks in advance, look forward to responses.