Schooling fish question for reef safe tanks

@exnisstech , semi-retired here too... the fun of hanging out, feeding the tank small bits of food multiple times a day is a great feeling, so doubt about it.
My fish have become so much more social. My Gal and I were just taking about it last night. They are always out front swimming and never hide. I have a few tangs that will make eye contact from across the room and stare at me while they wait until I stand up then they swim to the top corner where the containers of food are because they know I'm going to throw some in. High N and P be darned I just do a few extra WCs lol.
 
after reading through this thread it seems feeding frequency and hiding spaces are key with Chromis.

What about…
• Tank size?
• Minimum number of fish?
 
I have a small group of chromis (7) and other than one that passed a week or two after getting established the group has been growing rapidly and seem fine. They do eat a prodigious amount of food, I bet each one eats almost as much as my majestic angel or fox face (both around four inches) in a day. They are feed via plank every two hours plus frozen three times a day. They are always hungry!!
1000038521.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new