Scoly skeleton question

Brokecoloadoreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This scoly is at one of my LFS stores and my wife feel in love with it. I’m primarily a stick guy and don’t know what’s healthy and what’s not healthy for these animals. The tissue looks great but there is some skeleton showing below the tissue on the edge. The owner says it’s normal. I just want to be sure.

3F2E37EA-ED1A-48DE-AC6C-0FC3E1BA7056.jpeg

Krzydmnd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the flesh looks pretty healthy. likely recovered from an injury. I had a scoly that was almost completely gone, and it came back to 100% healthy in a few months. I
If it were me, I'd purchase it. just do your research on feeding and placement!

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don’t like high flow. I have some in SPS/LPS tank.

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do the act with too much flow? It’s definitely blowing a bit where I have it and it’s just about the lowest flow area I can find. But he’s swollen up with feeders out this morning.
Sounds like he’s fine. Nice find! Feed at night with the flow off to help speed up his recovery, I’ve gotten a couple nice scolys with tissue loss around the edge and they recovered. :) If the flow is too much they like collapse

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do the act with too much flow? It’s definitely blowing a bit where I have it and it’s just about the lowest flow area I can find. But he’s swollen up with feeders out this morning.
They won’t be inflated, will look collapsed on the areas getting too much flow. You definitely don’t want ripped tissue from the skeleton.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back