Scoly

reefnewb70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi again. Is there anything I can do to help this scoly regenerate. We had some perimeters off which is under control now and a fox who may have nipped at this … atm I have him in a basket with a cloth over it so it doesn’t get to much light.

lisa

thereefhotspot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi again. Is there anything I can do to help this scoly regenerate. We had some perimeters off which is under control now and a fox who may have nipped at this … atm I have him in a basket with a cloth over it so it doesn’t get to much light.

lisa
I would recommend doing a dip in a solution of iodine and any brand of amino acids.

Typically in 2 gallons of water I will do 40 drops lugols solution, 5 drops polyp lab colors, and 10 drops polyp lab acids. And then I will allow it to sit in that for about 10-20 minutes. In smaller water volumes just scale the dosage back accordingly. It does not look like you have any sort of bacterial infection from what I can see.

Hop this helps!

- Gavin

OP
OP
reefnewb70

reefnewb70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am from Canada and not sure how to source those items. Trying to decipher what that means . Will see what actual items these are and hopefully try to pick up.

thereefhotspot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am from Canada and not sure how to source those items. Trying to decipher what that means . Will see what actual items these are and hopefully try to pick up.
Call your favorite local fish store and ask them for lugols solution or iodine and then ask what brands of amino acids they stock. Any store that sells corals should have those.

- Gavin

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back